I-10 and Ina Road construction continues; Ina Road remains open through early 2017
- Eastbound I-10, between Cortaro and Ina roads, will be narrowed to one lane overnight beginning 8 p.m. Monday (Aug. 1) to 5 a.m. Tuesday (Aug. 2) to set temporary concrete barrier.
- The eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Cortaro Road will be closed during this work.
- All other ramps will remain open.
- Westbound I-10, north of Ina Road will have an overnight lane closure beginning 8 p.m. Thursday (Aug. 4) through 5 a.m. Friday (Aug. 5) to set temporary concrete barrier.
Interstate 10 Frontage Road
- The westbound I-10 frontage road between Ina Road and Cortaro Road is closed around the clock through the end of the year for reconstruction to accommodate the traffic detour when Ina Road closes in early 2017.
- The eastbound I-10 frontage road, north of Starcommerce Way, is reduced to one lane around the clock through the fall to accommodate construction of the new frontage road.
- The eastbound I-10 frontage road, south of Starcommerce Way, to Ina Road may have intermittent lane restrictions daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the month of August for utility work.
- Access to all businesses along the eastbound frontage road will be maintained.
- Interstate 10 and all ramps remain open in both directions during the work.
- Message boards and traffic control signs will guide drivers through the work zone.
- Ina Road is narrowed to one lane in each direction between the Union Pacific Railroad (UPRR) and Camino de la Cruz nightly from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. through early August to allow crews to remove and repave the center median islands to accommodate utility line work.
- Ina Road will have left turn lane restrictions in both directions on Sunday (July 31) and Monday(Aug. 1) from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night.
- Beginning Tuesday morning, Aug. 2, Ina Road will have left-turn lane restrictions in both directions around the clock from Camino de Oeste to Camino de la Cruz for approximately three months to accommodate daytime utility line work scheduled to begin in early August.
- Massingale Road is closed around the clock at the westbound I-10 frontage road for the reconstruction of the frontage road.
- Drivers may use Camino de Oeste as an alternate route.
- Starcommerce Way at the eastbound I-10 frontage road is narrowed to one lane daily from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. through late July for utility work.
The reconstruction project to fully reconstruct the interchange will improve traffic operations on I-10 and on the Ina Road traffic interchange. The project consists of widening I-10 to accommodate an additional lane in each direction and Ina Road from Silverbell Road to Camino de la Cruz.
ADOT works to inform the public about planned roadway restrictions, but there is a possibility that unscheduled closures or restrictions may occur due to weather or equipment issues.
Drivers are reminded to share the road, be cautious, and slow down while traveling through the work zone.
Managed by ADOT, this project is funded by the Regional Transportation Authority of Pima County. The voter-approved, $2.1 billion RTA plan will be implemented through 2026. Details about the full plan are available at www.RTAmobility.com.
For more information about this project, please call Paki Rico at 520-388-4233, email@example.com or visit the website at http://azdot.gov/inati.