ON THIS DAY
- They actually arrived on Thanksgiving, but it took that long to find a place to park.
- This was, of course, before the patriots. And, by 'the patriots,' I don't mean the football team.
- They wanted to wait until after the busy Thanksgiving travel season.
- They wanted to make absolutely sure all the campaign commercials were over.
- Needless to say, last-minute Christmas shopping was really big that year.
- Of course, New York is famous for cross words.
- At first, people were surprised to find out there were that many cross words that you could make a puzzle out of them.
- The trick was coming up with enough cross words to create a puzzle... but they did it.
- It was published in New York, the place known for cross words.