- The U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday sided with a disabled Michigan girl whose school refused to let her bring her service dog to class.
- Yes, the boycotts continue... but Ivanka Trump's perfume is the number one seller on Amazon.
- An Ohio bill has been introduced requiring cursive writing in schools.
- I guess I didn't realize Burger King and Tim Hortons were one company, and together, they're planning to buy Popeye's Chicken.
- The President of Iceland kiddingly said if he had the authority, he would ban pineapple on pizza... and the Internet melted down as if he was seriously planning to do that.
- A study says drivers in California spent 104-hours driving in peak periods of congestion last year.
- Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr reunited in the studio to record some songs last weekend.
- A judge has ordered R&B singer Chris Brown to stay away from his ex-girlfriend after she accused him of physically abusing and threatening her.
- Rihanna now has more top 10 singles that have appeared on the Billboard charts than Michael Jackson.
- Ronda Rousey is going to make a cameo appearance on an upcoming episode of the NBC series, "Blindspot."
- Steven Spielberg's mother, Leah Adler, passed away this week. She was 97.
- The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in Cooperstown is inducting Homer Simpson into the Hall of fame. Way back in Season 3, Episode 17 -- "Homer at the Bat" -- brought on a legendary cast of MLB players to guest star. On Saturday, May 27, Wade Boggs and Ozzie Smith -- two of the episode's guest stars -- will join some of the creators of "The Simpsons" in Cooperstown to pay tribute to Homer Simpson.
- Nick Cannon is threatening to sue the National Enquirer if they run an upcoming story in which the tabloid claims Nick had a nervous breakdown.
- Savannah Guthrie returns to the Today Show from her maternity leave next Wednesday.
- Ryan Murphy is calling the Oscars the "Gay Super Bowl."
- Malaysian police said Wednesday that someone tried to break into the morgue where the corpse of Kim Jong Nam is being kept.
- The folks in David Bowie's hometown of Brixton are working on creating a piece of art to honor the late singer: a 3-story lightning bolt. It's an homage to the lightning bolt the artist had painted on his face on the cover of his 1973 album "Aladdin Sane."
Thursday, February 23, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Oh No Thanks - I'm Off Bread! Turns out we humans have been eating bread a really long time - at least 4,000 years even before farming ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...