- FOX scored with its overtime Super Bowl commercials as ad revenue during game topped $500 million, according to iSpot.TV. And according to Nielsen, Super Bowl LI pulled 111.3 million viewers.
- Many who own Google Home were surprised when their box responded to "Hello Google" during the company's Super Bowl commercials.
- NBC's "Saturday Night Live" got a ratings boost last week after a surprise appearance by Melissa McCarthy, making it the second-highest-rated program of the week in the 18-49 demo.
- Comedians Jordan Peele and Chelsea Peretti announced that they are expecting their first child together.
- Jamie Lynn Spears' daughter Maddie is said to be in the hospital after being seriously hurt in an ATV accident on Sunday.
- The CEO of luxury retailer Tiffany & Co. has stepped down amid concerns about the company's financial performance.
- The 9,000 Taylor Swift fans who attended her pre-Super Bowl concert in Houston on Saturday night had an exclusive. She announced on stage that this may be her only show of the year.
- Heinz wants to start a trend by giving its employees yesterday off, hoping that all companies will start making the Monday after the Super Bowl a holiday.
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl jersey was stolen from the locker room sometime after the game Sunday.
- The Kremlin demanded an apology from FOX News on Monday, after Bill O'Reilly called President Vladimir Putin "a killer" during his Super Bowl interview with President Trump.
- A Baltimore coffee shop that has recently been robbed several times now no longer takes cash.
- 45% of U.S. broadband households are very concerned about unauthorized access regarding smart home devices.
- Scientists say they have found the reason for misophonia, a condition that makes some people find certain noises unbearable.
- The Boston Celtics have passed the L.A. Lakers as the NBA's winningest team with 3,253 victories.
- There's a new dating app helps people find love based on what they hate.
- There's a rumor that Pamela Anderson and WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange are dating.
- For the record, Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank paid to send every Falcons employee -- every single one -- to Houston for the big game.
- Last week, it was revealed in documents filed by Johnny Depp's business managers that he spends an astonishing $2 million a month. Among the examples of his excess were $75 million spent on 14 homes, $18 million on a luxury yacht, and $30,000 per month on wine. Plus, he blew $3 million on shooting the ashes of his hero, author Hunter S. Thompson, out of a cannon over Aspen, CO.
- Luke Bryan said he quit partying for two months in order to prepare for singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl.
- The government in France has instituted a national ban on refills for sugary soft drinks.
Tuesday, February 7, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
The 100's Clarke and Madi Fight Over Life and Death in Sneak Peek. Never has Clarke seemed more like a mom than in this week's episo...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...