- FOX scored with its overtime Super Bowl commercials as ad revenue during game topped $500 million, according to iSpot.TV. And according to Nielsen, Super Bowl LI pulled 111.3 million viewers.
- Many who own Google Home were surprised when their box responded to "Hello Google" during the company's Super Bowl commercials.
- NBC's "Saturday Night Live" got a ratings boost last week after a surprise appearance by Melissa McCarthy, making it the second-highest-rated program of the week in the 18-49 demo.
- Comedians Jordan Peele and Chelsea Peretti announced that they are expecting their first child together.
- Jamie Lynn Spears' daughter Maddie is said to be in the hospital after being seriously hurt in an ATV accident on Sunday.
- The CEO of luxury retailer Tiffany & Co. has stepped down amid concerns about the company's financial performance.
- The 9,000 Taylor Swift fans who attended her pre-Super Bowl concert in Houston on Saturday night had an exclusive. She announced on stage that this may be her only show of the year.
- Heinz wants to start a trend by giving its employees yesterday off, hoping that all companies will start making the Monday after the Super Bowl a holiday.
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl jersey was stolen from the locker room sometime after the game Sunday.
- The Kremlin demanded an apology from FOX News on Monday, after Bill O'Reilly called President Vladimir Putin "a killer" during his Super Bowl interview with President Trump.
- A Baltimore coffee shop that has recently been robbed several times now no longer takes cash.
- 45% of U.S. broadband households are very concerned about unauthorized access regarding smart home devices.
- Scientists say they have found the reason for misophonia, a condition that makes some people find certain noises unbearable.
- The Boston Celtics have passed the L.A. Lakers as the NBA's winningest team with 3,253 victories.
- There's a new dating app helps people find love based on what they hate.
- There's a rumor that Pamela Anderson and WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange are dating.
- For the record, Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank paid to send every Falcons employee -- every single one -- to Houston for the big game.
- Last week, it was revealed in documents filed by Johnny Depp's business managers that he spends an astonishing $2 million a month. Among the examples of his excess were $75 million spent on 14 homes, $18 million on a luxury yacht, and $30,000 per month on wine. Plus, he blew $3 million on shooting the ashes of his hero, author Hunter S. Thompson, out of a cannon over Aspen, CO.
- Luke Bryan said he quit partying for two months in order to prepare for singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl.
- The government in France has instituted a national ban on refills for sugary soft drinks.
Tuesday, February 7, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...