- Tom Hanks has kindly donated a new espresso machine to the White Houe Press Corps.
- Former Vice President Joe Biden's youngest son is in a romantic relationship with his sister-in-law and the widow of Beau Biden, the vice president's older son who died in 2015 after a prolonged fight with brain cancer. Some say this behind-the-scenes family drama is why Joe decided not to run for president.
- Nintendo's next gaming system, The Switch, went on sale Friday.
- The NFL scouting combine took place over the weekend in Indianapolis.
- Major League Soccer's 22nd season got underway over the weekend.
- Costco memberships are going up. An executive membership is going up ten bucks, from $110 to $120.
- Owners of a drive-in theater in northeast Alabama said they will not show Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" movie because it features a gay character.
- A study says there are 20 gallons of pee in most public pools.
- Antarctica reached a record high of 63.5-degrees last week.
- Venezuela is said to be down to its last $10 billion.
- The head of Australia's postal service has resigned after it was revealed his yearly salary was $4.3 million.
- Mercedes-Benz is going to come out with their first pickup truck.
- A London nightclub reportedly turned away six New Orleans Saints players because they were "too urban."
- The Las Vegas Golden Knights have officially joined the NHL.
- Papa John's is testing a new system that lets customers pay $3 to skip the line and get faster pizza delivery.
- In California, an experimental self-driving Uber car drove through six red lights.
- In the U.K., a group of scientists successfully taught bumblebees how to play soccer.
- A man in Austria last week tried to enter a court with a bag of cockroaches.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger said he won't be back--as host of Celebrity Apprentice. He said he prefers a show "without that baggage." (meaning, of course, President Trump)
- Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott welcomed their 5th child into the world last week: Beau Dean.
- A woman has accused rapper Too Short of rape.
- A Cuban singer and music producer has filed a plagiarism lawsuit against pop stars Shakira and Carlos Vives for allegedly copying excerpts of a decade-old song in the Colombian duo's award-winning music hit 'La Bicicleta.'
- Hall and Oates and Tears for Fears are going to tour together this summer.
Monday, March 6, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
The Arizona Department of Transportation advises drivers to plan for the following restrictions as paving takes places at Interstate 10 and ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Quantico's Jake McLaughlin Welcomes Baby No. 4. And baby makes six! Quantico star Jake McLaughlin and wife Stephanie McLaughlin have wel...