- Tom Hanks has kindly donated a new espresso machine to the White Houe Press Corps.
- Former Vice President Joe Biden's youngest son is in a romantic relationship with his sister-in-law and the widow of Beau Biden, the vice president's older son who died in 2015 after a prolonged fight with brain cancer. Some say this behind-the-scenes family drama is why Joe decided not to run for president.
- Nintendo's next gaming system, The Switch, went on sale Friday.
- The NFL scouting combine took place over the weekend in Indianapolis.
- Major League Soccer's 22nd season got underway over the weekend.
- Costco memberships are going up. An executive membership is going up ten bucks, from $110 to $120.
- Owners of a drive-in theater in northeast Alabama said they will not show Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" movie because it features a gay character.
- A study says there are 20 gallons of pee in most public pools.
- Antarctica reached a record high of 63.5-degrees last week.
- Venezuela is said to be down to its last $10 billion.
- The head of Australia's postal service has resigned after it was revealed his yearly salary was $4.3 million.
- Mercedes-Benz is going to come out with their first pickup truck.
- A London nightclub reportedly turned away six New Orleans Saints players because they were "too urban."
- The Las Vegas Golden Knights have officially joined the NHL.
- Papa John's is testing a new system that lets customers pay $3 to skip the line and get faster pizza delivery.
- In California, an experimental self-driving Uber car drove through six red lights.
- In the U.K., a group of scientists successfully taught bumblebees how to play soccer.
- A man in Austria last week tried to enter a court with a bag of cockroaches.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger said he won't be back--as host of Celebrity Apprentice. He said he prefers a show "without that baggage." (meaning, of course, President Trump)
- Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott welcomed their 5th child into the world last week: Beau Dean.
- A woman has accused rapper Too Short of rape.
- A Cuban singer and music producer has filed a plagiarism lawsuit against pop stars Shakira and Carlos Vives for allegedly copying excerpts of a decade-old song in the Colombian duo's award-winning music hit 'La Bicicleta.'
- Hall and Oates and Tears for Fears are going to tour together this summer.
Monday, March 6, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...