- That's a tough way to make it into the history books.
- He became the other Clinton famous for something unfortunate happening in the White House.
- Ironically, Clinton choked on an intern.
- Tough way to get a spot in the book. At least he led a good life and upheld the good family name of Clinton... for the next 180 years.
- Since vice presidents don't do that much, it took over a month to realize it.
The territory of Wisconsin was established on this date in 1836 so congressman could explain better where to get really good cheese.
In 1861, a man began a 900-mile trip across America in a hot air balloon.
- For a while, his future was up in the air.
- He felt it would be faster than waiting for Jet Blue to be invented.
- He was right, but just barely.
On this date in 1912, Fenway Park in Boston opened up.
- It was a big day for Red Sox and Yankees Sucks.
- Until then, it had been pretty shy.
- The first pitch was thrown out by the ambassador from China, Yang Kee Suk.
- There were Green Monsters before Stephen King came along.
- Back then the crowds were kinder... for example, the big cheer was "Yankees mildly inhale."
- Back then, the Green Monster was just a little Gremlin.
In 1940 RCA publicly demonstrated its new and powerful electron microscope. Why they used a microscope to encourage people to elect Ron is beyond me.
On this date in 1986, a survey indicated that 13 out of every 100 Americans was illiterate... whatever that means.
In 1987, the North Pole is reached by motorcycle. After arriving, the driver's first question: "So, uh, where's the gas station?"
It's Carmen Electra's birthday today. She's celebrating number 45... in slow motion. (Trivia: She was born Tara Leigh Patrick, but changed her name to Carmen Electra after it was suggested by Prince. I don't know that Prince is the guy I'd listen to, when it came to name advice... but in this case, it worked.)
Crispin Glover celebrates birthday number 53, forever to be remembered as young George McFly in the "Back to the Future" movies, which we've almost forgotten about.
Jessica Lange turns 68. I'm not saying anything about her moral character, but she was once picked up by King Kong.
Ryan O'Neal is celebrating his 76th birthday today. "Love is never having to say you're sorry."
George Takei (tuh-KAY) turns the big 8-0 today. Fun Facebook page. He was Sulu on 'Star Trek', where they spent the entire series going "where no man had gone before." We're going to stop there. Oh my!
Yesterday was "Snakes Return to Ireland Day." Apparently, St. Patrick drives them out on March 17th and then a month later, they Uber back!
A study says more Americans are suffering from stress, anxiety and depression. I don't know about you, but news like that stresses me out. I'm depressed.
A Southwest Airlines pilot was arrested in New York for boarding a plane with a loaded handgun. Top that, United!
IKEA is talking about launching a restaurant chain. I wonder if it'll be where, you buy the food and have to put it together yourself?
A new study says that 1 in 3 Americans don't understand basic financial terms, whatever financial means.
The President of Turkmenistan says he is aiming for his entire country to be tobacco free by 2025. No if's, and's or butts.
FOX NEWS dropped Bill O'Reilly yesterday. My guess is, from here, he'll go teach spin classes.