- An engaged couple was forcibly removed from a United Airlines flight over the weekend, on their way to their wedding in Costa Rica. Another week, another rough start for United.
- Britain's Prince Harry says he was on the verge of a breakdown in the years following the death of his mom, Princess Diana. He said he saw a psychiatrist and took up boxing to help him through it.
- The Navy is banning e-cigarettes from ships and aircraft because of reports of exploding batteries.
- Experts say children as young as 13 are being treated for addiction to smartphones.
- U.S. Olympic swimmer Dana Vollmer is competing while six months pregnant.
- Delta Airlines says customers can get up to nearly $10,000 to give up a seat on an overbooked flight.
- 31% of credit card holders are not redeeming their rewards.
- Tennessee is making college free for "older adults."
- An 8-month-old baby in India has doctors baffled because he's already 84-pounds.
- Nevada has introduced syringe vending machines to fight the heroin crisis there.
- Uber says its bookings doubled in 2016... but it lost $2.8 billion.
- The last person born in the 19th century has died at age 117 in Italy saying she attributed her old age to eating three raw eggs a day and staying single.
- A 3-year-old Missouri girl asked her parents for a poop-themed birthday party.
- The CEO of McDonald's was paid $15.4 million last year which included perks like contributions to a retirement plan.
- Sylvester Stallone is suing Warner Brothers for allegedly cheating him out of profits from his 1993 movie "Demolition Man."
- The Chick-fil-A in Folsom, California, is asking that whoever stole their cow costume last week to please return it.
- Gary Sinise is getting his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I'm surprised he didn't have one already.
- After outing his friend and fellow contestant Zeke Smith as being transgender on last week's episode of CBS' "Survivor: Game Changers," Jeff Varner was fired from his job as a real estate agent the following day.
- Bruce Langhorne, a session guitarist who often collaborated with Bob Dylan and inspired his song "Mr. Tambourine Man," died last week at the age of 78.
- Retired NFL player Todd Heap accidently hit and killed his 3-year-old daughter while moving his truck in the driveway.
- The crime problem in Chicago continues, where 29 people were shot in less than 18 hours over the weekend.
- Police are searching for a 17-year-old Idaho boy who went missing after his high school prom on Saturday night. So far, they've only found one of his shoes, a tuxedo jacket and a broken cellphone near the missing boy's vehicle.
- They say that Brad Pitt has been hearing from a lot of his exes since his split with Angelina, including Kate Hudson, Juliette Lewis, Christina Applegate, Thandie Newton and Gwyneth Paltrow.
- A Montana State University professor is suing Walmart for libel after he says an employee at the Bozeman store listed his occupation on a fishing license as a "toilet cleaner."
- Cracker Barrel is getting ready to open their first West Coast store just south of Portland, Oregon.
- David Geffen's $300 million 454-foot superyacht Rising Sun was in French Polynesia on Friday. Among the guests on board: Oprah, Tom Hanks, Bruce Springsteen, their spouses and Barack and Michelle Obama.
Tuesday, April 18, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Netflix is the new King of TV, picking up 112 Emmy nominations... more than any other network. The last operating Sears store in Chicago ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...