- Although he can act just about any age.
- Of course, he celebrated by taking a cruise with two of every kind of animal.
- He plans a quiet evening at home, punching out the candles on his cake.
- A bit of a temper, instead of blowing out his candles, he yells them out.
- Trivia: His parents were both caterers on movie sets.
Jackie Chan turns 63 today. Wouldn't it be ironic if he was on his way out to dinner and he got stuck in Rush Hour?
John Oates, half of Hall and Oates, turns 69. He plans a quiet dinner tonight with his older brother, Quaker. The Oates aren't as wild as they once were.
Francis Ford Coppola -- all three of him -- are celebrating their 78th birthday today.
California governor Jerry Brown turns 79 today... and is hinting that he may run for president. So almost 83 when he would take office? There's that new Democratic party.
Let Someone Else Clean Day or No Housework Day -- According to a survey by the Soap & Detergent Association, women are still doing the majority of the housework.
World Health Day -- When it comes to our health, how do we check out? Here's what Men's Health poll of 570 men found:
- 44% said when compared with other men your age they think they are healthy than most.
- 32% said when compared with other men your age they think they are above average.
- 35% said the main reason they don't see a doctor more often is "I hope the problem will go away."
- 27% said the main reason they don't see a doctor more often is "it's too expensive."
- 20% said the main reason they don't see a doctor more often is "it's too inconvenient."
- 43% said the most important factor for good health is exercise.
- 31% said the most important factor for good health is diet.
- 71% said "yes" people who are not registered organ donors should be allowed to receive organs from strangers.
- 87% said "I've never suspected" a doctor prescribed you a placebo.
- 93% said they have "never exaggerated symptoms in order to obtain prescription drugs."
- 72% said they are "not likely at all" to have surgery in another country if they risk was double but the cost was half.
- 69% said "no" employers should not be allowed to refuse to hire someone who has had psychological or psychiatric counseling.
- 83% said "individuals" bear the most responsibility for the increase in obesity.
- 62% said "no" to if it were possible to clone yourself and use the genetically identical material to provide your own medical treatments.
National Walk to Work Day -- the first Friday in April. The best walking cities in America, according to Prevention magazine, include:
- Portland, OR
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Madison, WI
- Boise City, ID
- Las Vegas
- Austin, TX
- Virginia Beach, VA
- Anchorage, AK
- Fremont, CA
- Raleigh, NC