- Candidate found out where the hiring manager was having dinner and picked up the tab.
- Candidate had his daughter call the hiring manager in advance of the interview to thank the hiring manager "for giving her dad a job."
- Candidate had a cake delivered to the hiring manager with the words "Congratulations! [candidate's name] got the job!"
- Candidate answered a call during the interview stating that another company was calling to discuss a job offer.
- Candidate sat on the floor during the interview and asked the hiring manager to take a picture of him with the company mascot.
- Candidate had her resume gift-wrapped.
- Candidate showed pictures of his relatives, who worked at the company many years prior.
- Candidate acted like a game show host.
- Candidate brought a bag of props into the interview and pulled them out as they were relevant in the questions/answers.
- Candidate sent the hiring manager a coupon for a free meal.
Friday, April 28, 2017
WEIRD WAYS TO STAND OUT AT JOB INTERVIEWS
Would you ever consider lighting a corner of your resume on fire during an interview to show your "burning desire" for the job? Someone actually did that. Call such stunts creative. (Or crazy.) In the quest to secure gainful employment, some people have done some pretty bizarre things just to get the hiring manager's attention. CareerBuilder.com and Harris Poll surveyed more than 2,000 hiring managers across all industries in companies large and small to find out the most unusual ways job candidates have attempted to get their attention so they'll stand out from the rest. Do note that in 100 percent of the cases cited below, the candidate did stand out -- but not necessarily in a good way. As CareerBuilder.com notes: File it under #CandidateFail. Here are the top 10 off-the-wall tactics job seekers used to stand out, but not always for the right reasons:
President Trump is right! Open your Eyes! President Trump pointed his finger at the media last night for this insanity! I have to agree with...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Quantico's Jake McLaughlin Welcomes Baby No. 4. And baby makes six! Quantico star Jake McLaughlin and wife Stephanie McLaughlin have wel...