- Imagine if they still had that law -- and how many famous headless actors and actresses there would be.
- Somewhere, Maria Shriver is yelling, "Do you hear that, Arnold?"
- They were a lot more humane back then. Today, they'd have to go on Judge Judy.
- Well, let's just say after today, she didn't have to worry about waking up with a bed head.
On this date in 1780, it's said that over the New England area, the sun suddenly disappeared at midday, and then suddenly reappeared without explanation. Although, the rumor was, it was because a Kennedy was driving it. The cause has never been determined, although drinking hasn't been ruled out.
The very first electric fire alarm was patented way back in 1857. This was the super deluxe model: it even had a snooze alarm!
On this date in 1884, the Ringling Brother's Circus opened.
On this date in 1926 that Thomas Edison spoke on the radio for the very first time.
- His exact words: "Am I caller number 9?"
- He said that "radio will always do fine, unless they ever give (other jock) their own show!"
- He said, "I hope nobody ever invents commercials" and the rest is history.
- His wife yelled at him, "Tom, quit standing on the radio! You'll break it!"
Sam Smith turns 25 today, going on 50.
Steven Ford, who was in "Young and the Restless" turns 61 today. He's no longer young, but he has restless leg syndrome. He's the son of Former President Gerald Ford. But he never took a fall for his dad.
Grace Jones turns 69 today. In her day, she was quite the stunning figure, with her razor-cut hairstyles. These days, she's just scary-lookin'.
Pete Townshend of The Who turns 72 today... although he spends more time saying "The what?" these days, than The Who. For our younger listeners, the Who is the group that does all those theme songs for the "C.S.I." shows.
David Hartman, the former host of "Good Morning, America," turns 82 today. He was back in the days of Sandy Hill... not a resort, a co-host.
National Bike to Work Day -- Did you know the average speed a commuter bicycle travels at is 15mph.