- 1941 - All Star Comics number 8 introduces William Moulton Marston's groundbreaking superhero; a Wonder Woman who would triumph not with fists or firepower, but with love.
- 1942-Despite Marston's hope of creating a female leader, All Star Comics' Justice Society of America invites Wonder Woman to be its secretary.
- 1954-Psychiatrist Dr. Fredric Wertham warns parents that Wonder Woman is a lesbian in his alarmist book, Seduction of the Innocent.
- 1968 - DC Comics updates Wonder Woman in a controversial move stripping her powers and turning her into a mod-dressed secret agent.
- 1972-Gloria Steinem's feminist magazine Ms. nominates Wonder Woman for president on the cover of its very first issue.
- 1975-1979-For three seasons on TV, Lynda Carter popularizes Wonder Woman's gold bracelets, lasso of truth, and ballerina-style spin transformation.
- 1977-"Underwear that's fun to wear" becomes all the rage when Underoos debut, with girls flocking to Wonder Woman's star-spangled briefs.
- 1983-Co-writer Dann Thomas becomes the first female credited with a Wonder Woman issue (DC Comics Wonder Woman number 300) in which the heroine accepts Steve Trevor's proposal and fakes Diana Prince's death.
- 1987-Illustrator George Perez relaunches a Wonder Woman who is stronger, less sexualized, no more high heels, and more enriched by Greek mythology.
- 2010-Writer J. Michael Straczynski and artist Jim Lee reboot the princess' origin story, raising her in human society and giving her pants.
- 2011 - NBC passes on David E. Kelley's Wonder Woman pilot, which features a smug and lonely heroine played by Adrianne Palicki known for playing Bobbi Morse on ABC's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- 2016 - Wonder Woman: Year One writer Greg Rucka clarifies what many fans had long assumed; She's bisexual. Growing-up on an all-female island did not limit Princess Diana's intimate relationships.
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
SOME KIND OF WONDER-FUL
(Entertainment Weekly) "Wonder Woman" opens this Friday and in all of her 76 years, Princess Diana has been reinvented by ever generation:
at May 31, 2017
In 1922 WSB in Atlanta is the first radio station to feature country music. In 1930 WEAF in New York broadcasts the first opera directly f...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...