- Katy Perry is your next "American Idol" judge.
- In South Carolina, a high school student collapsed and died after consuming too much caffeine.
- Hillary Clinton has launched a new political group, Onward Together, to combat Donald Trump.
- Hackers are said to be holding the upcoming "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie hostage, threatening to release it online if Disney doesn't pay up.
- At a Christie's auction Monday night, a bronze female head by Constantin Brancusi sold for $57.4 million. It's thought to have been purchased by David Geffen.
- Just two weeks after its launch, Marvel's Black Lives Matter comics have been canceled.
- Today is the 17th of May, Norwegian Constitution Day. The biggest celebration in the world outside of Norway is in Seattle, with a day-long party and parade. www.17thofmay.org
- Alex Rodriguez is going to join "Shark Tank" as a guest judge and the show moves to Sunday nights this fall.
- Months after leaving as chairman/CEO of Paramount Pictures, Brad Grey lost his battle with cancer. He was only 59.
- They say the Seahawks are looking at both RG3 and Colin Kaepernick as possible backups to Russell Wilson.
- After 15 years together, Jim Parsons and graphic designer Todd Spiewak were married over the weekend.
- Retired women's soccer star Amy Wambach and "Christian mommy blogger" Glennon Doyle Melton also got married last weekend.
- WNBA stars Diana Taurasi and former Phoenix Mercury teammate Penny Taylor were married over the weekend, as well.
- John Cygan died Saturday at his home in California after a battle with cancer, at the age of 63. If you didn't remember him from "The Commish," you'd recognize him as one of the voices in "Cars," "WALL-E," "Up," "Toy Story 3" and "Inside Out," as well as the games Halo and Grand Theft Auto.
- Linebacker Rolando McClain was arrested on marijuana and gun charges over the weekend. This will probably end his NFL career.
- Sears said back in January that it would be closing 150 stores this year. Apparently, that number will actually be higher.
- CBS has canceled "The Odd Couple" after three seasons. For a while, Matthew Perry had steady work again.
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin celebrated Apple's 13th birthday together as a family.
- A German discount grocer, Lidl, is getting ready to open its first store in the U.S. You'll be hearing more about them.
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
at May 17, 2017
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...