- The toenail should extend no farther than the end of the toe. When cutting your toenails, leave only a sliver of white at the end of the nail. Cut your toenails even shorter if you do high-impact activities, such as running and Zumba classes.
- If you polish toenails, use a base coat. Painting your toenails red without a base coat can discolor the toenail.
- The best time to cut your toenails is after a shower when the nails are softer.
- After cutting your toenails, use an emery board to file away any sharp edges. File in one direction only--not back and forth.
- Common toenail clippers may be inexpensive, but they can leave jagged edges or cut too deeply. Nail nippers, which look somewhat like pliers and are available at beauty supply stories, cut with greater precision. But they also cost more
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
YOUR TOENAILS LOOK TERRIBLE
If you're embarrassed to wear sandals or flip-flops because your toenails look terrible, we may have a simple solution: Trim them more frequently. If you let your toenails grow too long, it can cause discoloration, blisters and other problems, says Loyola University Medical Center podiatrist Dr. Coleen Napolitano. If a toenail is allowed to grow too long, it can jam the end of the shoe, causing a microtrauma with each step. Thousands of such microtraumas can discolor the toenail. "By following a few simple guidelines, you can keep your toenails healthy while also looking great in sandals," Napolitano said. Five tips to keep your toenails in tip-top shape:
at May 31, 2017
Also: Temporary I-17 closures scheduled near Anthem early Sunday, June 25 Southbound Interstate 17 will be closed in Phoenix this weekend as...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Quantico's Jake McLaughlin Welcomes Baby No. 4. And baby makes six! Quantico star Jake McLaughlin and wife Stephanie McLaughlin have wel...