- A Mexican businessman who says he's offended by President Trump's insults to his country, is now marketing Trump Toilet Paper.
- Jerry Springer is considering a run for Ohio Governor.
- The nuclear reactor at Three Mile Island will reportedly be shut down in 2019.
- A mall being proposed in Florida would become the largest in the world. It would include an indoor ski slope, water park, ice-skating rink and 2,000 hotel rooms.
- Paul Allen's 250-ton Stratolaunch airplane finally rolled out of its hangar Wednesday in Mojave, CA. It won't launch a rocket into space any sooner than 2019.
- Jennifer Garner isn't happy about being on the cover of this week's People magazine. The issue features a smiling Garner with the words "Life After Heartbreak," but Garner says she had nothing to do with the cover and wants the world to know she and her daughters are doing just fine.
- Ariana Grande returns to take the stage on Sunday in Manchester, along with friends Justin Bieber, Coldplay, Pharrell Williams, Miley Cyrus and others.
- A guitar owned by the late Jerry Garcia sold at an auction this week for $1.9 million.
- Lebanon has banned the movie "Wonder Woman." No official reason given, but it's thought it's because the star -- Gal Gadot -- served two years in the Israeli army.
- A 30-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder after three dead bodies were found in a Liverpool home where John Lennon once lived.
- Now Squatty Potty has pulled their commercials that featured comedian Kathy Griffin.
- Fitness model Laci Kay Somers says she was NOT hanging out with Tiger Woods prior to his DUI arrest.
- There will probably be new Mr. Met at future New York Mets games. The most recent one decided to flip off a fan after another ugly loss and cameras were ready.
- Radio Shack has closed over 1,000 stores since Memorial Day weekend and, as of today, has 72 stores still operating.
- And our evolution continues. Facebook begins broadcasting games today on their network, while on Tuesday, Major League Baseball begins broadcasting VR baseball games in 4K once a week.
- Megyn Kelly isn't waiting until fall. Her exclusive interview with Vladimir Putin will air this Sunday at 7 on NBC.
- 72-year-old Bob Seger announced he's hitting the road in September for a fall concert tour.
- Starbucks is testing out Starbucks Trucks in Seattle (of course they are), that bring the coffee to your workplace.
- Just so you know, the Belmont Stakes -- the 3rd leg in horse racing's triple crown -- is a week from tomorrow.
Friday, June 2, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
In 1922 WSB in Atlanta is the first radio station to feature country music. In 1930 WEAF in New York broadcasts the first opera directly f...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...