- Attendance declined at 13 of 14 Disney theme parks around the world in 2016 compared with 2015.
- Remember those two people stabbed to death on a Portland, Oregon, train because they were defending a couple of Muslim girls? One of them had their wedding ring and backpack stolen as he lay there, dying. Police nabbed a suspect thanks to video on Friday.
- Meanwhile, newspaper circulation has dropped to a 77-year-low.
- Lindsay Lohan is launching her own jewelry line.
- Kellogg's is closing several distribution centers and laying off 1,000 workers.
- Jeb Bush and Derek Jeter reportedly had a falling out, with Bush withdrawing from the attempt to buy the Miami Marlins.
- Wendell Burton, who made his screen debut opposite Liza Minnelli in 1969's "The Sterile Cuckoo" died Tuesday at 69 of brain cancer at home in Houston.
- Vince Gill is going to fill the hole left by the death of Glenn Frey at upcoming Eagles concerts, along with Frey's 24-year-old son, Deacon.
- Everyone's attending graduations these days, including Sylvester Stallone, whose second daughter with wife Jennifer Flavin, Sistine Stallone, graduated from Notre Dame High School in California.
- Several shows on Kathy Griffin's Celebrity Run-In Tour have been canceled after the release of a photo depicting the comedienne holding up a fake decapitated head of President Donald Trump.
- Leo Varadkar won Ireland's recent election and will become that country's first gay prime minister.
- Alec Baldwin helped New Jersey Democrats raise over $5 million for their cause last week.
- Netflix has canceled "Sense8" after only two seasons.
- A new report that says more than half of American workers didn't use all their vacation days last year.
- The U.S. aircraft carrier Nimitz sailed out of Bremerton, Washington, for destinations unknown, but many believe it's Korea-bound.
- Did you know that Gal Gadot, the star of "Wonder Woman" is a former Miss Israel? She also spent two years in the Israeli army.
- Ananya Vinay, 12, out-spelled 291 spellers from across the country and globe to become this year's Scripps Spelling Bee champion. Ananya is a 6th-grader at Fugman Elementary School in Fresno, CA.
- An Arizona man finally got the department of licensing to allow him to wear a colander on his head for his driver's license picture after taking the matter to court. He won on religious reasons.
- A regular Costco membership has gone up, from $55 to $60. An Executive Membership went up $10, to $120.
Monday, June 5, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Also: Temporary I-17 closures scheduled near Anthem early Sunday, June 25 Southbound Interstate 17 will be closed in Phoenix this weekend as...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Quantico's Jake McLaughlin Welcomes Baby No. 4. And baby makes six! Quantico star Jake McLaughlin and wife Stephanie McLaughlin have wel...