BLUE ON BLUE
More facts according to ColorMatters.com:
- 53 percent of the flags in the world contain blue.
- When it comes to corporate logos, blue is the most commonly used color.
- A dark blue suit is professional business attire.
- Blue jeans are worn all over the world.
- Aristocracy is blue-blooded in all European languages.
- In American culture, blue has evolved as a symbol of depression. We "sing the blues" and "feel blue."
- Greeks believe that blue wards off "the evil eye."
- Dark blue is the color of mourning in Korea.
- Blue is sharply refracted by the eyes, causing the lens to flatten and push the blue image back. We perceive that blue areas are receding and smaller.
- Blue has very few connections to taste or smell; therefore, it may act as an appetite suppressant.