- Linkin Park's lead singer Chester Bennington has died of an apparent suicide. He was 41.
- Ryan Seacrest confirmed on Thursday that he will return as host of "American Idol," when it comes back to the screen on ABC in 2018.
- That blood clot detected above Senator John McCain's left eye turned out to be the result of an aggressive form of brain cancer.
- Chipotle has enough problems without rodents falling from the ceiling in one of their Dallas restaurants and having that video get passed around on YouTube.
- 50% of U.S. broadband households are willing to share data and device control of their thermostats, hot water heaters, smart clothes dryers for discounts on electricity.
- Malaysia has banned Despacito on state radio and television, because they feel the lyrics are obscene.
- Bands of feral rhesus macaque monkeys have been making themselves known in Central Florida.
- Audi has apologized for airing a sexist commercial in China in which a bride is inspected as if she were a used car.
- Jada Pinkett Smith says that she was a drug dealer when she became friends with Tupac Shakur in the late '80s.
- About one in eight people who voted for President Donald Trump said they are not sure they would do so again after witnessing Trump's tumultuous first six months in office, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll of 2016 voters.
- Did you know Jackie Robinson's wife is still alive? 95-years-young.
- The 44th anniversary of Bruce Lee's death meant a lot of visitors to his Seattle gravesite yesterday.
- Now, it appears that Congress-person Maxine Waters is looking at a run for president in 2020.
- O.J. Simpson is inmate number 1027820. And He'll be out in October.
- President Trump told the New York Times that he is not happy with U.S. Attorney General, Jeff Sessions.
- The creators of "Game of Thrones" have a new show on the way, "Confederate." It's where the south seceded, slavery is still legal, and civil war looms.
- Sears is going to start selling Kenmore brand products on Amazon. That announcement caused Sears stock to jump 19% yesterday.
- Chester Bennington, the lead singer of Linkin Park, was found dead. They're investigating a possible suicide. He was 41.
Friday, July 21, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
In 1922 WSB in Atlanta is the first radio station to feature country music. In 1930 WEAF in New York broadcasts the first opera directly f...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...