- Michael Kors has announced its acquiring upscale shoemaker Jimmy Choo PLC for $1.17 billion, as it looks to find new avenues for growth amid a slowdown in its core handbag business.
- Senator John McCain is back in Washington, DC. He was diagnosed last week with brain cancer.
- The 2018 Ford Mustang GT will be the fastest-ever 0-60 mph -- although Ford won't say precisely how fast -- thanks to a new 10-speed automatic transmission, electronic drag mode and upgraded 5.0-liter V8 engine.
- At the premier of her new movie "Atomic Blonde," Charlize Theron thanked her 3 dentists.
- Daniel Craig will play James Bond in at least one more film, which will be released in November, 2019.
- Barbara Sinatra, Frank's last wife, died yesterday at the age of 90.
- The Pentagon is under fire for spending $28 million on forest-style camouflage uniforms which stand out rather than blend in over in Afghanistan.
- Justin Bieber has canceled the remaining 15 shows of his Purpose World Tour due to "unforeseen circumstances." Your theory is as good as mine.
- There's a sunken Nazi ship off the coast of Iceland, possibly carrying $130 million worth of gold. But who gets the gold?
- The problem in Britain these days is "shrink-flation." Paying the same price for a smaller size of a product.
- Sean Combs went sailing off the coast of Italy Sunday with longtime girlfriend Cassie as well his ex, Sarah Chapman, in celebration of his and Chapman's 11-year-old daughter Chance's birthday.
- You thought Arby's got its name from the RB initials of roast beef, it's most popular sandwich? Actually, it's the initials of the Raffel Brothers, who founded the chain in Ohio 53 years ago.
- Microsoft says that MS Paint will live on and that Sunday's announcement was all a big misunderstanding. In response to the attention the potential removal of Paint received, the company clarified that the popular feature will live on in the Windows Store.
- Insiders say that U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is growing increasingly disillusioned with President Donald Trump and could leave his administration before the end of the year.
- Prisoners in Tennessee get time taken from their sentence if they agree to a vasectomy.
- A study says eating a big breakfast is the key to a healthier weight.
- The Ute Tribe has pulled out of the Native American Summit in Utah, saying they want the state to treat them as a sovereign nation.
- Peter Frampton had a bit of a "meltdown" had while opening for The Steve Miller Band at the Treasure Island Resort and Casino in Red Wing, Minnesota. According to accounts, the performer halted the show when a cameraman focused on a fan holding up a Frampton Comes Alive album instead of Frampton himself as he played a solo.
- Actor Henry Cavill's mustache will be digitally removed from his role as Superman because Paramount has legally blocked him from shaving it for another part.
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Okay, so you're not Helen of Troy, Cleopatra, Marilyn Monroe, or some other great sex goddess of the past or present -- but you'd st...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...