- The Ohio State Fair has reopened, but without the amusement rides. Wednesday, a person was killed and seven were injured on the Fireball Ride when a chunk of the ride became detached.
- President Trump donated his entire second quarter salary as president to the Department of Education.
- Remember a couple of weeks ago, when Starbucks gave away FREE Teavanna iced tea at their stores? Well, They own Teavanna and now that you know they carry it, they're closing all 379 Teavanna stores.
- Christie Brinkley says it's hard to meet "nice guys" at age 63.
- Anne Hathaway is in talks for the title role in a live-action "Barbie" movie.
- Several sources say that Justin Bieber has turned over a new leaf and become a born-again Christian.
- She was the voice of Rocky and Natasha in the Rocky and Bullwinkle show, the voice behind Looney Tunes' Witch Hazel, Nell from "Dudley Do-Right," Granny in the "Tweety and Sylvester" cartoons and Cindy Lou Who in Chuck Jones' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," and hundreds of others. June Foray passed away yesterday at the age of 99.
- The Beverly Hills Police Department says that Justin Bieber hit a paparazzo while driving a pickup truck Wednesday night.
- Now they're talking about Sean Spicer being on the next season of Dancing with the Stars.
- OJ Simpson's attorney has written a cease and desist letter to the Goldmans-after first accusing the still-grieving family of posing a threat to the 70-year-old.
- This is the 100th anniversary of the Ford pickup. The very first one rolled off an assembly this week a century ago.
- Now they're thinking Colin Kaepernick has a chance to land in Baltimore, after starting quarterback Joe Flacco developed some pre-season back pains.
- A jury on Wednesday found that Michael Jackson's estate owes Quincy Jones $9.4 million in royalties and production fees from "Billie Jean," ''Thriller" and more of the superstar's biggest hits.
- This week, the National Archives released 3,810 documents relating to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Out of those documents, 441 have never been seen by the public.
- The Girl Scouts have announced that they will offer 23 new badges focused on science, technology, engineering and math.
Friday, July 28, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...