- Add Apple's iPod Nano and iPod Shuffle to the history books. They'll no longer be made.
- A majority of Americans believe that transgender individuals should be allowed to serve in the military, according to an exclusive Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Friday.
- Japan is going to impose a temporary 50% tariff on frozen beef from the U.S. and several other countries. This after President Donald Trump named Japan as one of the countries contributing to the U.S. trade deficit.
- A couple in Florida have announced their Trump divorce. She was a devout supporter, he was a staunch Democrat and after less than 2 years, it just wasn't working.
- Stephen Colbert is going to produce a cartoon series for Showtime about the Trump White House.
- Elementary school students in Marion County, Florida, will have more free time after school this year as the school district implements a controversial "homework ban."
- The Cowboys' David Irving says he injured his nipple when he lost a nipple ring at camp.
- A report says one third of all U.S. households have no savings and are at risk of financial ruin.
- Coke Zero is getting a new name: Coke Zero Sugar.
- A new study says that being neurotic can help people live longer.
- Tesla handed off its first Model 3 on Friday night, streaming the presentation online.
- Brazilian President Michel Temer has seen his approval rate drop to a new low of 5%.
- The marriage rate in American continues to decline. Couples are waiting longer and getting older before tying the knot. Another way weddings have changed since the recession: They've shrunk. Last year's average wedding had 141 guests, according to an annual survey of couples by the Knot, the wedding website. That's down from 149 guests in 2009.
- 70s singer Michael Johnson, whose biggest hit was "Bluer than Blue", died Friday. He was 72.
Monday, July 31, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...