- Mark Wahlberg soared to the top of the world's highest paid actors on an annual Forbes magazine. Wahlberg, 46, earned an estimated $68 million in2017 thanks to his pay days for movies "Daddy's Home 2" and "Transformers: The Last Knight." Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was second with $65 million.
- The next version of Google's Android software will be called Oreo.
- Joe Kelly, the father of Hall of Fame Buffalo Bills quarterback Jim Kelly, died Monday.
- A coroner says comedian Jerry Lewis died of end-stage heart disease.
- Comedian Bill Cosby's retrial on charges of sexually assaulting a former Temple University administrator in 2004 at his Philadelphia-area home will be postponed from November to March of next year.
- Customers and employees of Joe's Crab Shack were stunned last week to discover the restaurants closed with no warning. The company has closed 41 restaurants so far.
- Two weeks ago, Bonnie Tyler's song "Total Eclipse of the Heart" sold 2,000 copies in a 7-day period. Last week, it sold 12,000 copies.
- According to the Center for American Progress, 42 percent of U.S. mothers with children under 18 are the sole or primary earners in their family.
- A Texas family had enjoyed what they thought was a Norman Rockwell print over their fireplace. It turns out it was an original, which sold at auction for $1.6 million.
- Friends from College has been renewed for a second season at Netflix.
- Chrissy Teigen says she's been drinking too much and "wants to fix" her lifestyle.
- A Los Angeles jury awarded $417 million to a woman suffering from ovarian cancer Monday who alleged that her illness is linked to the talc in Johnson & Johnson baby powder.
- Alabama tops the College Football pre-season poll.
- Two members of the Kennedy clan were arrested for refusing to tone down a raucous party early Sunday in Barnstable, Massachusetts.
- The solar eclipse on Monday was an even bigger event on Facebook than this year's Super Bowl game.
- They're working on a video-on-demand service that would allow you to watch a movie within 45 days of being released in theaters for $30. They hope to launch the service next year.
- Brian Austin Green and Megan Fox are considering a 4th child together after reconciling.
- 95-year-old producer Norman Lear has been given the go-ahead to produce a new series for NBC called, "Guess Who Died?"
- Snack company KIND dumped 45,485 pounds of sugar in Times Square Tuesday to spark conversation about how much added sugar children consume.
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
People Hating the New Snapchat Snapchat released a new update last week which it totally changed the look of the popular messaging app - a...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...