- The first single off Taylor Swift's upcoming new album is called, "Look What You Made Me Do" which appears to be a diss on Kim and Kanye.
- A consumer advocate group is accusing Gwyneth Paltrow's product, Goop, of making deceptive health claims to promote products featured on their website.
- Agnes Fenton was prescribed alcohol by a doctor for a benign tumor in 1943. She's been drinking whiskey and beer ever since. Agnes died last week in New Jersey at the age of 112.
- The annual Burning Man Festival is off and running in the desert through Labor Day.
- "Gone With the Wind" will be gone from The Orpheum's 2018 summer movie series in Memphis, after several patrons went to this year's showing and called it, 'insensitive.'
- They had a lockdown at Buckingham palace Friday after a guy with a machete drove up and started swinging at guards.
- The new field at Tenino (ten-NINE-o) High School in Washington state is getting a lot talk. They went with a black turf. Add in black uniforms, the school colors and other teams are complaining that it will be hard to see the players.
- Bill Nye the Science Guy has hit Disney with a $28 million lawsuit, claiming he didn't receive enough profits from his TV series.
- A police chase in Arkansas last week caught everyone's eye, as cops were after a man in black Hummer with a casket on top.
- "Saturday Night Live" will open Season 43 on September 30th with Ryan Gosling as host and musical guest, Jay-Z.
- Amazon says it's going to start cutting prices today at their new store, Whole Foods.
- They're saying that, if there was hurricane damage to Texas refineries, it could mean higher gasoline prices in the near future.
- China has revealed a 248-mph train.
- R. Marcos Taylor, who played Suge Knight in the movie, "Straight Outta Compton," was arrested after a brawl in a Florida restaurant.
- The twitter hashtag is now 10 years old.
- An ESPN radio announcer was arrested in Wyoming where he was drunk and naked inside a stranger's house.
- The Texas Rangers have announced the name of their new stadium that will open in 2020: Globe Life Stadium.
- An ordinance banning plastic straws and plastic utensils will take effect next year in Seattle.
- Microsoft and Boeing are still huge in the area, but now Amazon employs 40,000 people in Seattle.
- In Australia, the Sex Party has renamed itself the Reason Party.
Monday, August 28, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
You can listen here send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook www.facebook.com/DesertRadioAz We can also be heard on these app...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...