- The first single off Taylor Swift's upcoming new album is called, "Look What You Made Me Do" which appears to be a diss on Kim and Kanye.
- A consumer advocate group is accusing Gwyneth Paltrow's product, Goop, of making deceptive health claims to promote products featured on their website.
- Agnes Fenton was prescribed alcohol by a doctor for a benign tumor in 1943. She's been drinking whiskey and beer ever since. Agnes died last week in New Jersey at the age of 112.
- The annual Burning Man Festival is off and running in the desert through Labor Day.
- "Gone With the Wind" will be gone from The Orpheum's 2018 summer movie series in Memphis, after several patrons went to this year's showing and called it, 'insensitive.'
- They had a lockdown at Buckingham palace Friday after a guy with a machete drove up and started swinging at guards.
- The new field at Tenino (ten-NINE-o) High School in Washington state is getting a lot talk. They went with a black turf. Add in black uniforms, the school colors and other teams are complaining that it will be hard to see the players.
- Bill Nye the Science Guy has hit Disney with a $28 million lawsuit, claiming he didn't receive enough profits from his TV series.
- A police chase in Arkansas last week caught everyone's eye, as cops were after a man in black Hummer with a casket on top.
- "Saturday Night Live" will open Season 43 on September 30th with Ryan Gosling as host and musical guest, Jay-Z.
- Amazon says it's going to start cutting prices today at their new store, Whole Foods.
- They're saying that, if there was hurricane damage to Texas refineries, it could mean higher gasoline prices in the near future.
- China has revealed a 248-mph train.
- R. Marcos Taylor, who played Suge Knight in the movie, "Straight Outta Compton," was arrested after a brawl in a Florida restaurant.
- The twitter hashtag is now 10 years old.
- An ESPN radio announcer was arrested in Wyoming where he was drunk and naked inside a stranger's house.
- The Texas Rangers have announced the name of their new stadium that will open in 2020: Globe Life Stadium.
- An ordinance banning plastic straws and plastic utensils will take effect next year in Seattle.
- Microsoft and Boeing are still huge in the area, but now Amazon employs 40,000 people in Seattle.
- In Australia, the Sex Party has renamed itself the Reason Party.
Monday, August 28, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Bridge repair requires weekend restrictions and closures on Interstate 17, Seventh Avenue beginning Friday, Nov. 17
Crews begin task of replacing damaged girder Southbound Interstate 17 will be narrowed to one or two lanes as needed at Seventh Avenue near ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Quantico's Jake McLaughlin Welcomes Baby No. 4. And baby makes six! Quantico star Jake McLaughlin and wife Stephanie McLaughlin have wel...