- Floyd Mayweather is expecting to make more than $300 million from his fight with Conor McGregor ... which would break down to more than $8 million per minute in the ring.
- In Eureka, Missouri, a mom got so upset about how a neighbor kid treated her daughter that she took the 9-year-old boy, shaved his head and wrote the word 'pervert' on his forehead with a felt pen.
- The number of TV pilots being produced is down, as more available networks only want to bet on a sure thing. This year, the number of pilots is at an 8-year low.
- NBC is looking at a "Miami Vice" reboot with Vin Diesel.
- A University of Washington study says that Asian-Americans are viewed as being "more American" if they're overweight.
- What's the rush? World Market has released their Pumpkin Spice Coffee this week. Summer too long for you?
- Yes, that's a naked Sofia Vergara on the cover of the September issue of "Women's Health."
- The Amway Top 25 College Football Poll came out yesterday, the first of the season. 65 coaches across the country ranked the teams.
- Michael Strahan missed a show this week because he lost a part of his pinky in an accident. That's all we're being told.
- A survey says the number of TVs per household in the U.S. has dropped from 2.6 to 2.3.
- Kristen Stewart says she's open to dating men again, in case you're trying to keep up.
- Paul McCartney will be playing the drums on at least one track of an upcoming Foo Fighters album.
- Utility workers in New York City retrieved a woman's wedding ring that she dropped down a sewer.
- Soda consumption has dropped to a 31-year low.
- McMenamin's, a northwest brewery/restaurant/hotel chain, is holding a "Half-Way to St. Patrick's Day" celebration September 16.
- Rapper Kidd Creole -- one of the founding members of the legendary hip-hop group, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5 -- has been charged with murder for the stabbing of a homeless man who he thought was hitting on him in Midtown.
- Justin Bieber apologized to his fans in a lengthy Instagram post.
Friday, August 4, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Oh No Thanks - I'm Off Bread! Turns out we humans have been eating bread a really long time - at least 4,000 years even before farming ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...