- Floyd Mayweather is expecting to make more than $300 million from his fight with Conor McGregor ... which would break down to more than $8 million per minute in the ring.
- In Eureka, Missouri, a mom got so upset about how a neighbor kid treated her daughter that she took the 9-year-old boy, shaved his head and wrote the word 'pervert' on his forehead with a felt pen.
- The number of TV pilots being produced is down, as more available networks only want to bet on a sure thing. This year, the number of pilots is at an 8-year low.
- NBC is looking at a "Miami Vice" reboot with Vin Diesel.
- A University of Washington study says that Asian-Americans are viewed as being "more American" if they're overweight.
- What's the rush? World Market has released their Pumpkin Spice Coffee this week. Summer too long for you?
- Yes, that's a naked Sofia Vergara on the cover of the September issue of "Women's Health."
- The Amway Top 25 College Football Poll came out yesterday, the first of the season. 65 coaches across the country ranked the teams.
- Michael Strahan missed a show this week because he lost a part of his pinky in an accident. That's all we're being told.
- A survey says the number of TVs per household in the U.S. has dropped from 2.6 to 2.3.
- Kristen Stewart says she's open to dating men again, in case you're trying to keep up.
- Paul McCartney will be playing the drums on at least one track of an upcoming Foo Fighters album.
- Utility workers in New York City retrieved a woman's wedding ring that she dropped down a sewer.
- Soda consumption has dropped to a 31-year low.
- McMenamin's, a northwest brewery/restaurant/hotel chain, is holding a "Half-Way to St. Patrick's Day" celebration September 16.
- Rapper Kidd Creole -- one of the founding members of the legendary hip-hop group, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5 -- has been charged with murder for the stabbing of a homeless man who he thought was hitting on him in Midtown.
- Justin Bieber apologized to his fans in a lengthy Instagram post.
Friday, August 4, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
In 1922 WSB in Atlanta is the first radio station to feature country music. In 1930 WEAF in New York broadcasts the first opera directly f...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...