- Troy Gentry, one half of the award-winning country music duo Montgomery Gentry, died Friday in a helicopter crash just hours before a concert, according to a statement from the band's website. He was 50.
- The Country music world is also mourning the loss of one of its' most distinctive song stylists with the passing of Don Williams after a short illness. He was 78.
- A mega-earthquake rattled Mexico Thursday night, just off their southern coast. It clocked in at 8.1 on the Richter scale.
- Singer George Michael, who died last year, returned to the airwaves on Thursday with the release of a remix of his song "Fantasy."
- A study at Stanford has resulted in an A.I. that can determine if a person is gay or not by their facial features. Not 100%, but close.
- Molokai Ranch has gone on the market in Hawaii. Asking price: $260 million.
- With Equifax getting hacked, they've set up a site to offer free credit protection if you among those compromised. Get it at equifaxsecurity2017.com
- A Carol Burnett 50th Anniversary special will air on CBS Sunday night, December 3.
- Fashion giants in France have banned size zero models and those under age 16.
- Sports radio personality Craig Carton was arrested in a ticket scam to get money to pay off gambling debts.
- Amazon is being called out for selling $100 cases of bottled water in advance of Hurricane Irma.
- Near Seattle, police have arrested a Lake Stevens man who portrayed himself as being FBI agent Jack Ryan in order to rob several businesses run by East African immigrants.
- Rumors had Barbara Walters in failing health. She says, not true.
- Connecticut's capital city of Hartford is planning to file for bankruptcy in the next 60 days if it doesn't receive help from the state.
- Disney is rebooting the Mickey Mouse Club, now Club Mickey Mouse, with a new batch of Mouseketeers that will only be featured on their social media. It's been 20 years since the last batch of Mouseketeers, which included the likes of Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera and Ryan Gosling.
Monday, September 11, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
According to Nielsen preliminary broadcast nationals, the premiere of the "Roseanne" spinoff "The Conners" averaged 10....
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...