- J.J. Abrams will write and direct the ninth installment of the ongoing "Star Wars" saga, Walt Disney Co. said Tuesday, a week after the film lost its writer-director due to creative differences with the studio. Abrams launched the current iteration of "Star Wars" films with 2015's box office hit "The Force Awakens." "Episode IX" is scheduled to be released in May 2019.
- The sudden death of the son of Steve Howe's son, Virgil, has resulted in the cancelation of the remaining Yes concert dates.
- Amber Tamblyn says that James Woods once hit on her when she was only 16.
- The mayor of Houston has a solution for their flooding problem -- he wants to increase property taxes by 9%.
- Beth Mowins made history on Monday as she became the first woman in 30 years to call an NFL game, when she was the main announcer on the second game of "Monday Night Football" on ESPN.
- A large swarm of gnats has invaded Philadelphia.
- Facebook is paying Time Warner's "Bleacher Report" millions of dollars for a reality show on Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch.
- A new study claims that sleeping with your dog could actually result in a better night's sleep.
- McDonald's is denying charges by an ex-employee that workers are trained to pinch the bottom of the French fry container so that it appears full but actually short-changes customers.
- Another study claims that the i-Generation (they're the ones after the Millennials) are less interested in dating and more into online activities than real life.
- A 2014 Journal of Occupational Health study found that women who ate the most vegetables were 38 percent less likely to have problems sleeping than women who rarely got their fill.
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers and his wife, Mara Lane, lost their second child to a miscarriage and have taken to social media to help deal with it.
- At 65, Liam Neeson says his days as an action hero are over.
- The National Park Service plans to thin a herd of bison in the Grand Canyon through roundups and so they're looking for volunteers who are physically fit and proficient with a gun to kill the animals.
- Volkswagen says it will offer electric versions of all of its vehicles by 2030
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
According to Nielsen preliminary broadcast nationals, the premiere of the "Roseanne" spinoff "The Conners" averaged 10....
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...