- Hurricane Irma forced Disney World in Florida to close for only the fifth time since it opened.
- Disney has pushed back "Star Wars: Episode IX" from its initial May 2019 release date after J.J. Abrams replaced filmmaker Colin Trevorrow, who parted ways with Disney last week citing differing creative visions.
- A woman in Colorado is suing Starbucks after she spilled a large tea they served her, which scalded and killed her dog.
- Simon Cowell has paid for an operation for one of the contestants on "Britain's Got Talent."
- Now there's a study that claims extroverts walk at a faster pace than those who are less outgoing.
- Allegiant Air is the first airline to accept ads from cannabis dispensaries.
- Mitt Romney is reportedly prepping for a possible run at the U.S. Senate from Utah in 2018.
- According to a survey, 40% of American adults still sleep with their teddy bear.
- Nearly 50% of U.S. broadband households are very concerned about unauthorized access of their connected devices or personal data.
- That Hurricane Relief telethon raised over $14 million in an hour Tuesday night and over $44 million after West Coast and other re-broadcasts.
- A judge awarded Rebel Wilson record damages of $3.6 on Wednesday over magazine articles the actress said cost her roles in Hollywood films.
- Eric and Lara Trump announced the arrival of their first child on Tuesday, a son they named Eric "Luke" Trump. That's the president's 9th grandchild.
- The 21-year-old son of actor Jean-Claude Van Damme has been arrested and is accused of holding his roommate at knifepoint at their apartment in suburban Phoenix.
- Dancing with the Stars' Carrie Ann Inaba and actor Robb Derringer have ended their engagement after 9 months.
- Singapore has elected their first woman president.
- This year, 22.2 million U.S. adults will cut the cord on cable, satellite or telco TV service -- up 33% over 2016.
Thursday, September 14, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Okay, so you're not Helen of Troy, Cleopatra, Marilyn Monroe, or some other great sex goddess of the past or present -- but you'd st...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...