- Hurricane Irma forced Disney World in Florida to close for only the fifth time since it opened.
- Disney has pushed back "Star Wars: Episode IX" from its initial May 2019 release date after J.J. Abrams replaced filmmaker Colin Trevorrow, who parted ways with Disney last week citing differing creative visions.
- A woman in Colorado is suing Starbucks after she spilled a large tea they served her, which scalded and killed her dog.
- Simon Cowell has paid for an operation for one of the contestants on "Britain's Got Talent."
- Now there's a study that claims extroverts walk at a faster pace than those who are less outgoing.
- Allegiant Air is the first airline to accept ads from cannabis dispensaries.
- Mitt Romney is reportedly prepping for a possible run at the U.S. Senate from Utah in 2018.
- According to a survey, 40% of American adults still sleep with their teddy bear.
- Nearly 50% of U.S. broadband households are very concerned about unauthorized access of their connected devices or personal data.
- That Hurricane Relief telethon raised over $14 million in an hour Tuesday night and over $44 million after West Coast and other re-broadcasts.
- A judge awarded Rebel Wilson record damages of $3.6 on Wednesday over magazine articles the actress said cost her roles in Hollywood films.
- Eric and Lara Trump announced the arrival of their first child on Tuesday, a son they named Eric "Luke" Trump. That's the president's 9th grandchild.
- The 21-year-old son of actor Jean-Claude Van Damme has been arrested and is accused of holding his roommate at knifepoint at their apartment in suburban Phoenix.
- Dancing with the Stars' Carrie Ann Inaba and actor Robb Derringer have ended their engagement after 9 months.
- Singapore has elected their first woman president.
- This year, 22.2 million U.S. adults will cut the cord on cable, satellite or telco TV service -- up 33% over 2016.
Thursday, September 14, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...