- The World Health Organization is now warning that the world is running out of antibiotics.
- Laurence Fishburne's wife, the actress Gina Torres, was photographed locking lips with a different man. The couple hasn't been seen together since December of 2015.
- Billy Bush and his wife have split after 20 years.
- John Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono, heard about a Polish beverage company's new drink called "John Lemon." She threatened legal action alleging that it infringed on the trademark of her late husband. The company has now agreed to change its drink's name to "On Lemon."
- Jake LaMotta, the brutish former boxing champion whose life of violence in and out of the ring was portrayed in the movie "Raging Bull," died on Tuesday, according to one of his daughters.
- Major League Baseball has set a single season record for home runs with 5,694 and still counting.
- From now on, the field at the Rose Bowl will be known not simply as "The Rose Bowl," but "Spieker Field," after UCLA alum Todd Spieker donated $10 million.
- Sunday's Emmy Awards had one of the lowest viewerships in the show's history.
- Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield is blaming the team's 2014 collapse on Katy Perry, saying she jinxed the team by making eyes at then quarterback Trevor Knight.
- NBC says that SNL will continue to be broadcast live for its 43rd season that begins September 30th, with host Ryan Gosling and musical guest, Jay-Z.
- Toys R Us is expected to keep all stores open through the holidays, but after that, all bets are off.
- In Colorado Springs, "the Mad Pooper" has struck again. It's a woman, wearing a rather nice running outfit, that squats down and does her business in broad daylight. Has been for two months.
- The average Atlantic hurricane season produces 12 named storms -- but less than halfway through the 2017 season, there have already been 14.
- Week 2 of Sunday Night Football had its lowest ratings since 2008.
- Nielsen now says that African-Americans and Hispanics now make up one- third of the radio listening audience in the U.S.
Thursday, September 21, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
USAFADS Thunderbirds refueling with the 79th Air Refueling Squadron from Travis Air Force Base.
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...