- Irma is now the strongest Atlantic hurricane ever recorded. They're saying that it's stronger than the year's 7 other storms combined. Yikes!
- California state lawmakers have approved designating a section of the 134 Freeway as the President Barack H. Obama Highway in honor of our previous president.
- Amazon has launched Brown Sugar, a new subscription-video-on-demand service featuring what it calls the biggest collection of the "baddest" African-American movies for its prime members. Among the titles they're offering: "Blacula," "Black Caesar," "Cotton Comes to Harlem" and "Foxy Brown."
- A DNA test has disproved a Spanish woman's claim she that she is Salvador Dali's daughter.
- Over half the people of the U.K. say they don't belong to any organized religion.
- Rupert Murdoch has spent $2.6 billion for the global broadcasting rights to Indian cricket.
- British dentists are claiming that drinking prosecco, a northern Italian wine causes chronic tooth decay.
- Princess Mako of Japan has given up her royal status to marry a commoner.
- Madonna says she's moved to Portugal.
- In Detroit, a Jewish woman is suing Denny's after the chain served her bacon in an omelet that wasn't supposed to have any meat.
- The 2018 edition of the Nissan Leaf will get up to 150 miles on a single charge.
- Rick Stevens, the former lead singer of Oakland's Tower of Power rhythm and blues band who spent 36 years in prison, has died. He was 77.
- Jimmy Fallon and the Tonight Show are giving $1 million to the J.J. Watt Fund helping Hurricane Harvey victims.
- Beyonce, George Clooney, Julia Roberts, Barbra Streisand, Reese Witherspoon, and Oprah Winfrey are among the stars who will take part in a telethon on Tuesday, benefitting the Hurricane Harvey victims. It will air at 8pm EDT on ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and CMT.
- The son of Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf has announced on Instagram that he had committed to play baseball at USC.
- The publisher of a book by Hillary Clinton's longtime pastor is discontinuing sales of the book and destroying remaining copies, saying that it found examples of plagiarism
Thursday, September 7, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Bridge repair requires weekend restrictions and closures on Interstate 17, Seventh Avenue beginning Friday, Nov. 17
Crews begin task of replacing damaged girder Southbound Interstate 17 will be narrowed to one or two lanes as needed at Seventh Avenue near ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Quantico's Jake McLaughlin Welcomes Baby No. 4. And baby makes six! Quantico star Jake McLaughlin and wife Stephanie McLaughlin have wel...