- Amazon has announced they're going to open a second world headquarters called HQ2, somewhere in the U.S. and that will employ up to 50,000 people. They're taking bids from cities now.
- Christian Bale has packed on the pounds for his next role as Dick Cheney in the upcoming movie, "Backseat."
- Prince George of Cambridge started his royal education yesterday, showing up for his first day of school. At age 4, he's third in line for the throne.
- Leslie Van Houten, the youngest of Charles Manson's 'family' was recommended for parole. She still has to get approval by the parole board and the governor, which denied her last year.
- Kim and Kanye have another on the way, a girl. That'll be child number 3.
- Next year's 7th season of Veep on HBO will be its last.
- After several years of quietly dating, Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx have gone public. There's a rumor that part of her divorce settlement with Tom Cruise that she wasn't allowed to date publicly for five years... and now, that's over.
- A sick mind in Pennsylvania is tying red balloons to the grates of sewers, mimicking the new movie, "It."
- Apple and Amazon are both said to be interested in acquiring the rights to future James Bond movies.
- "Suicide Squad 2" is already in the works.
- Holy Guacamole! Avocado prices have gone up 75% since July.
- Add to the troubles down in Texas, giant swarms of mosquitoes, thriving in the flood waters.
- After calling it quits with Hollywood in June, Daniel Day Lewis was spotted near his home sporting a cast on his arm, after breaking it in a motorcycle accident during the summer.
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara are living together, if you like to keep track of that sort of thing.
- Rudy Giuliani's annual 9/11 get-together with friends was canceled. Reason sent from his office: Recouping from surgery.
- The Houston Rockets have been sold for an NBA record $2.2 billion.
Friday, September 8, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
According to Nielsen preliminary broadcast nationals, the premiere of the "Roseanne" spinoff "The Conners" averaged 10....
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...