Work to improve the intersection of State Route 90 and Buffalo Soldier Trail in Sierra Vista starts October 4
The Arizona Department of Transportation is scheduled to begin a pavement and improvement project at the intersection of Buffalo Soldier Trail and SR 90 (Hatfield Street - milepost 316) in Sierra Vista on October 4.
The $2.6 million project will consist of paving and widening the shoulder of the roadway; adding a designated right-turn lane; constructing a new sidewalk, guardrail and culvert; improving drainage; installing signage; and replacing traffic signals and street lights.
· Work is scheduled to begin Wednesday, Oct. 4 and continue through summer 2018.
· Crews are scheduled to work from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays.
· Right-lane closures are planned at all four corners of the intersection (SR 90/Hatfield Street and Buffalo Soldier Trail) to accommodate shoulder-widening work.
· Phase one of the work is scheduled to be completed late November 2017.
· The speed limit will be reduced in the work zones.
· Expect heavy delays and consider alternate routes when work begins.
Drivers should proceed through the work zone with caution, slow down and watch for construction personnel and equipment. For more information visit www.azdot.gov/SR90Buffalo.
Schedules are subject to change based on weather and other unforeseen factors. For real-time highway conditions statewide, visit ADOT’s Traveler Information Site at www.az511.gov, follow ADOT on Twitter (@ArizonaDOT) or call 511,except while driving