- Starbucks' chief Howard Schultz still insists he's not running for president.
- The U.S. National Soccer Team lost to Trinidad last night and with that, were eliminated from the upcoming World Cup for the first time in 28 years. Ouch!
- Sears/Canada is going to close all of its stores.
- The Canary Islands have experienced 40 quakes in 48 hours, which may indicate an upcoming volcano eruption.
- There was a rumor going around for a while yesterday that Google was about to buy Apple. Some people actually believed it.
- Apple did strike a deal with Steven Spielberg this week to have him reboot his "Amazing Stories" series.
- Northern Michigan University is offering a degree in the business of legalized pot.
- Odell Beckham, Jr. will be out the rest of the season with a broken ankle.
- Disney CEO Bob Iger keeps coming up as a possible candidate for 2020. He's scheduled to retire from Disney in 2019.
- Fashion designer Donna Karan comes to Harvey Weinstein's defense suggesting his victims may have been 'asking for it' by the way they dress.
- Actor Mickey Rourke says he's "pretty again" after a recent nose job.
- Gillian Anderson say she'll be good for one more mini-season of "The X-Files" and then she's done.
- A man from Italy just set a Guinness World Record by putting on 13 pairs of underwear in 30 seconds.
- Google just released a pair of headphones that can translate 40 languages instantly.
- Attendance at the Disney parks around the globe has been going down, while the crowds at the Universal theme parks have been going up.
- Hackers from North Korea are reported to have stolen a large cache of military documents from South Korea, including a plan to assassinate North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un.
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...