- A football player at Division III Albright College in Reading has been dismissed from the team after taking a knee during the National Anthem on Saturday.
- Jimmy Beaumont, the lead singer of the doo-wop group the Skyliners and a co-writer of the iconic ballad "Since I Don't Have You," has died at age 76.
- The Boy Scouts have announced that girls will soon be admitted to the Cub Scouts.
- As expected, Harvey Weinstein's wife, Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman, is leaving him.
- Hours after he made a statement condemning Harvey Weinstein's predatory behavior, Ben Affleck was accused of groping by actress Hilarie Burton.
- Earlier this month, a newly-hired firefighter went to his new station in Detroit and brought along a watermelon as a gift. It was viewed by some firefighters as a racist gesture, and the firefighter was fired.
- Ryan Murphy did a quick editing job on this week's episode of "American Horror Story: Cult" because it involved a mass shooting and he wanted to be respectful to the Las Vegas shooting victims. The episode was filmed months ago.
- J-Lo is putting her $27 million penthouse up for sale, as she gets ready to move in with Alex Rodriguez.
- How do you go to a corn maze, then head home and realize the next morning that you forgot your 3-year-old at the corn maze? It happened in Utah Monday night.
- Catalan leader Carles Puigdemont and other regional politicians have signed a document declaring Catalonia's independence from Spain. Now, to see what happens next.
- NFL owners will meet to discuss a policy requiring players to stand during the National Anthem.
- Amazon is exploring ways to deliver items to customers' car trunks.
- Pizza Hut says new technology will guarantee its pizzas will be 15 degrees hotter than normal when delivered.
Thursday, October 12, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
USAFADS Thunderbirds refueling with the 79th Air Refueling Squadron from Travis Air Force Base.
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...