- For the first time ever, influential British scientist Stephen Hawking's doctoral thesis is available to the public. However, the trick is, since it became available Monday on the Cambridge website, the site keeps crashing because of all the people who want to read it.
- Actor Robert Guillaume, best known for his title role in the TV series "Benson," died Tuesday at his home in Los Angeles. He was 89.
- Ready or not, here it comes: Blue Bell has announced the return of their Christmas Cookies Ice Cream.
- "Star Trek: Discovery" has be renewed for another season beginning in January, 2018 on CBS All Access.
- Sears is cutting it's ties with Whirlpool and will no longer sell their appliances.
- Robert Guillaume, known for the TV sitcoms "Soap" and "Benson," and the voice of Rafiki in Disney's "The Lion King, has died at the age of 89.
- In Hawaii, they're having to lock up Spam because of people stealing it.
- Amazon Wine is going away at the end of the year. The Whole Foods purchase made it no longer necessary.
- FOX News Channel has fired correspondent John Huddy. The news comes hours after his sister Juliet Huddy made an appearance on Today to talk about her sexual harassment claims against former Fox News host Bill O'Reilly.
- David Foster and Katharine McPhee are dating. He's 67, she's 33.
- ESPN has cancelled 'Barstool Van Talk' after one episode on its Tuesday night spot at 1am.
- The trailer is out for Daniel Day-Lewis' final movie after he announced he is retiring. It's called, "Phantom Thread."
- Researchers are feeling confident that we could be able to prevent Alzheimer's Disease within the next 10-to-20 years.
- They're afraid a serial killer is on the loose in Tampa. In the last two weeks, three people have been shot to death within a 1-mile radius in the normally quiet Seminole Heights neighborhood. No connection between the victims.
- Nick Lachey was this week's celebrity booted off "Dancing With The Stars."
- CBS has canceled their summer drama series, "The Zoo." It won't be back.
- It's now Snoop Dogg -- game show host! He's hosting a revival of the old TV game show, "Joker's Wild" on TBS Tuesday nights.
- A Justin Bieber fan was arrested at the singer's Beverly Hills home Monday after cops say she wandered onto the property looking for the singer ... for the third time this week.
- Kendall Jenner has bought Charlie Sheen's old Beverly Hills home for $8.5 million.
- A legislator in Maryland is proposing a return to the death penalty using heroin and fentanyl.
- The Air Force says it's going to put its nuclear bombers on 24-hour ready alert for the first time since the end of the Cold War.
- There's a report going around that James Comey could run for President in 2020.
- Target says their customers are asking for the end to Christmas creep.
- There's talk that Justin Timberlake may invite Janet Jackson to perform with him during the upcoming Super Bowl Halftime Show.
- The Phoenix Suns have fired head coach Earl Watson after only three games.
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
In 1413 England's King Henry IV dies and is succeeded by Henry V. In 1616 Sir Walter Raleigh is released from the Tower of London. I...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...