- 59 people were killed and over 520 injured when a crazed gunman opened fire from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel in Las Vegas during a country music concert. Singer Jason Aldean was on stage when the shooting broke out and ran for cover. The shooter, who had a room full of weapons, was shot dead by police.
- The U.S. Supreme Court is back in session.
- Marilyn Manson has canceled the next nine shows of his Heaven Upside Down Tour after a stage prop collapsed on him during his New York City concert Saturday night.
- O.J. Simpson's attorney says he wants to move to Florida and "eat steak."
- Taco Bell and Forever 21 have launched a fashion line.
- Ichiro Suzuki says he will return to the Marlins next year and wants to play until he is "at least 50."
- The NBA has sent a memo to players reminding them they must stand for the National Anthem.
- American Airlines workers are suing the company that made uniforms that made many of them sick.
- IKEA has bought Task Rabbit, a site that allows people to hire handymen to do chores.
- Former Purdue coach Joe Tiller has passed away at the age of 74.
- Donald Malarkey, a World War II paratrooper who was awarded the Bronze Star after parachuting behind enemy lines at Normandy to destroy German artillery on D-Day, has died. He was 96. Malarkey was one of several members of Easy Company to be portrayed in the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers.
- Michelle Obama attended a Bruno Mars concert in DC on Friday, heading backstage to receive a customized 24K Magic jersey Mars gave to the former First Lady.
- FOX says it will no longer show the National Anthem in their NFL coverage.
- Hugh Hefner was finally laid to rest next to Marilyn Monroe in an intimate ceremony that was attended by his wife, four children and some of his closest staffers. The Playboy founder's funeral on Saturday took place as LA's Westwood Village Memorial Park at noon.
- A woman in Colorado says that after someone hit her car, they left an apology note and half a joint.
- In China, for the first time ever, a robot performed dental surgery without human assistance.
Tuesday, October 3, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
In 1699 Scientist/botanist, John Bartram ("Father of American Botany") In 1749 Mathematician, Pierre-Simon Laplace In 1823 S...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...