- Actor Kevin Spacey has apologized to fellow actor Anthony Rapp for what Rapp alleges was an unwanted sexual encounter that occurred when he was 14. Spacey has also come out and admitted publicly for the first time, he is gay.
- What are the odds? A husband and wife from California who survived the mass shooting at a Las Vegas country music festival died several weeks after the Oct. 1 massacre in an auto crash. Dennis and Lorraine Carver died after their vehicle crashed into a metal gate outside their community in Riverside County, California, and burst into flames on Oct. 16.
- Starting next year, Saudi Arabia will begin allowing women into sports stadiums.
- A U.S. federal court in Washington on Monday blocked President Trump's administration from enforcing his ban on transgender people serving in the American military.
- A new survey says that teachers are more stressed than they were two years ago, thanks to school budget cuts, bullying, coarse political discourse and the shaky status of immigrant students.
- Simon Cowell's fall down the stairs last week was due to his on-going struggle with low blood pressure.
- 50 different Wal-Mart stores will soon have robots roaming the aisles of the stores.
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez have been seen hanging out again.
- Oakland A's catcher Bruce Maxwell allegedly aimed a gun at a female delivery driver Saturday evening and was arrested for aggravated assault.
- "Modern Family" star Sarah Hyland and Bachelorette's Wells Adams have been dating.
- Jeff Bezos is the now the world's richest person, worth $90 billion.
- Just so you feel it's not just you, President Obama was called for jury duty in Illinois.
- Saudi Arabia has become the first country in the world to grant citizenship to a robot.
- Queen Elizabeth has made nearly $9 million in winnings from her race horses over the past 30 years.
- A Japanese company created a $150 noise-canceling ramen fork to cover up slurping noises.
- A fast food restaurant in Australia is celebrating Halloween by offering a hamburger in a blue bun, sprinkled with real ants and worms.
- An 8-year-old New Jersey boy who was featured on The Tonight Show for his jump rope skills was killed Saturday afternoon after he was hit by a Jeep as he walked home from a fundraiser for his award-winning group.
Tuesday, October 31, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...