- Grapley suggests tuna salad on rye with low-fat mayo and lettuce and tomato can decrease the frequency and intensity of migraine headaches. "Insomnia is not a problem most of us would think could be helped by a sandwich, but we'd be wrong," says Grapley. "In fact, a slice turkey and cream cheese is guaranteed to help you get the shut-eye you crave."
- If you suffer from a lack of energy and worry about bone density, pump up the volume with a roast beef and Swiss cheese on rye with mustard. The meat is high in protein while the cheese is filled with calcium -- a one, two punch that's hard to beat.
- You can rev up your love life with a surefire combination of honey, figs, ricotta cheese and orange slices on wheat bread.
- Watching your weight and cholesterol levels? Slap together a tasty broiled veggie burger topped with salsa. "One of my favorite combinations for people who want to up their potassium intake is an avocado and roast chicken sandwich," says Grapley. "Chicken is also chocked full of niacin, which boosts your metabolism.
- Researchers discovered another winning sandwich is sliced apple and peanut butter. Down one of these before you work out. You can even eat your way out of a hangover by eating a toasted chocolate and banana sandwich.
Friday, November 3, 2017
The Right Sandwich Can Solve All Your Problems!
Sandwiches aren't just for lunch anymore. In fact, a new study says a variety of the tasty concoctions are the cure for what ails you. "You can target particular problems with the right combination of ingredients," says Detroit dietician Marcia Grapley. "Whether you want to cut calories or stop a migraine, your choice of sandwich fixings can help achieve your goal while pleasing your taste buds." "But there is one rule you must follow -- no white bread. It's high in sugar and doesn't have the amount of fiber you find in other breads such as wheat, rye or pumpernickel."
They don't call it Turkey Day for nothing. When Thanksgiving arrives this week, 90 percent of American households are expected to gobble...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Quantico's Jake McLaughlin Welcomes Baby No. 4. And baby makes six! Quantico star Jake McLaughlin and wife Stephanie McLaughlin have wel...