- Ed Lee, the Mayor of San Francisco, died suddenly early Tuesday at the age of 65. He was appointed mayor back in 2011 and was the city's first Asian-American mayor.
- Verizon struck a deal to stream all NFL games -- including the Super Bowl -- beginning in January and for the next 5 years. You'll be able to watch them on Yahoo, whether you have Verizon or not.
- Is the Bank of Amazon right around the corner?
- A cigar-shaped object entered our solar system last month and astronomers are checking it for any forms of radio activity. For now, they're calling it a 'comet'.
- The NFL network has temporarily suspended some of their NFL analysts -- Marshall Faulk, Ike Taylor and Heath Evans -- pending an investigation into sexual harassment allegations.
- Last week in Oklahoma, a vet removed 21 baby pacifiers from a dog's stomach.
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's "mana" and girlfriend Lauren Hashian are adding another daughter to their family.
- Accepting a bad mood instead of deeming it inappropriate caused less depression and anxiety and more life satisfaction, in a new study. The more you beat yourself up about being down, the longer the feeling lingers.
- Texas attorney Thomas J. Henry knows how to throw a party. Last year, he threw a $6 million on his daughter Maya's quinceanera (a celebration of a girl's 15th birthday). This weekend, he threw a party for his son's 18th birthday... to the tune of $4 million.
- Dr. Dean Lorich, the prominent Manhattan surgeon found dead in his Upper East Side apartment Sunday with a knife sticking out of his chest was sued last year by a former Giants running back who claimed the doctor ended his football career.
- Prince William said that Prince George just played a sheep in his school's nativity play.
- Ireland will be collecting $15 billion from Apple in a settlement over back taxes.
- Amazon is now making it possible to create a shopping profile for your cat.
- Kris Jenner has just bought a $9.9 million home across the street from daughter Kim and Kanye.
- Ole Miss quarterback Shea Patterson announced that he's transferring to Michigan.
- Matt Damon says he'll take "any prayers you've got" for his dad, who is battling cancer.
- 16-year-old LaMelo Ball and 19-year-old LiAngelo Ball have turned pro and will join a team in Lithuania.
- To keep up with the east coast, longtime Good Day LA co-host Steve Edwards has been fired amid sexual harassment allegations.
- Pepsi has gone ahead and ordered 100 of Tesla's new electric semi trucks.
- Nintendo has sold 10 million Switch units in the past 9 months.
- Open enrollment for healthcare ends this Friday.
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...