- Ed Lee, the Mayor of San Francisco, died suddenly early Tuesday at the age of 65. He was appointed mayor back in 2011 and was the city's first Asian-American mayor.
- Verizon struck a deal to stream all NFL games -- including the Super Bowl -- beginning in January and for the next 5 years. You'll be able to watch them on Yahoo, whether you have Verizon or not.
- Is the Bank of Amazon right around the corner?
- A cigar-shaped object entered our solar system last month and astronomers are checking it for any forms of radio activity. For now, they're calling it a 'comet'.
- The NFL network has temporarily suspended some of their NFL analysts -- Marshall Faulk, Ike Taylor and Heath Evans -- pending an investigation into sexual harassment allegations.
- Last week in Oklahoma, a vet removed 21 baby pacifiers from a dog's stomach.
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's "mana" and girlfriend Lauren Hashian are adding another daughter to their family.
- Accepting a bad mood instead of deeming it inappropriate caused less depression and anxiety and more life satisfaction, in a new study. The more you beat yourself up about being down, the longer the feeling lingers.
- Texas attorney Thomas J. Henry knows how to throw a party. Last year, he threw a $6 million on his daughter Maya's quinceanera (a celebration of a girl's 15th birthday). This weekend, he threw a party for his son's 18th birthday... to the tune of $4 million.
- Dr. Dean Lorich, the prominent Manhattan surgeon found dead in his Upper East Side apartment Sunday with a knife sticking out of his chest was sued last year by a former Giants running back who claimed the doctor ended his football career.
- Prince William said that Prince George just played a sheep in his school's nativity play.
- Ireland will be collecting $15 billion from Apple in a settlement over back taxes.
- Amazon is now making it possible to create a shopping profile for your cat.
- Kris Jenner has just bought a $9.9 million home across the street from daughter Kim and Kanye.
- Ole Miss quarterback Shea Patterson announced that he's transferring to Michigan.
- Matt Damon says he'll take "any prayers you've got" for his dad, who is battling cancer.
- 16-year-old LaMelo Ball and 19-year-old LiAngelo Ball have turned pro and will join a team in Lithuania.
- To keep up with the east coast, longtime Good Day LA co-host Steve Edwards has been fired amid sexual harassment allegations.
- Pepsi has gone ahead and ordered 100 of Tesla's new electric semi trucks.
- Nintendo has sold 10 million Switch units in the past 9 months.
- Open enrollment for healthcare ends this Friday.
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...