- Following that deadly train crash on Monday that left three dead in Washington state, Alaska airlines has cut airfares from Seattle to Portland to help out travelers.
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez hopped a private jet last Saturday and flew from L.A. to Seattle, then slipped into a place called the Sugar Factory in the Seattle burb of Bellevue. There, they spent some romantic one-on-one time in the Chocolate Lounge, where they indulged in a frosty 60 oz. drink called the Ocean Blue.
- TMZ says that Selena's mom is so upset about her getting back together with the Biebs that she's been hospitalized.
- Samsung has announced some mid-range Galaxy phones are on the way, the A8 and the A8-plus.
- Did you know that all of Bill Murray's brothers, Bill, Joel and Brian, all appeared with him in the movie, "Scrooged?"
- Putting the ex in Xmas, J-Lo and ex-husband Marc Anthony were spotted together in New York City.
- Get this -- Britain's biggest ever warship, the new $4.2 billion aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth, has a leak and needs repairs.
- Mark Salling played Puck on "Glee." This week, he pled guilty to possessing child pornography and most likely will be off to 4-7 years in prison.
- Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova are parents: a boy and a girl named Nicholas and Lucy-born on December 16. How gorgeous are those babies?
- The Dow has risen over 5,000 points in a year for the first time ever in its history.
- Researchers at UCLA and the University of Wisconsin-Madison have confirmed that microscopic fossils discovered in a nearly 3.5 billion-year-old piece of rock in Western Australia are the oldest fossils ever found and indeed the earliest direct evidence of life on Earth.
- Jack in the Box has sold off Qdoba to an investment firm, for $305 million.
- A guy in Cincinnati who puts up a zombie nativity scene each year says this will be his last. Too many hassles about it.
- In Ireland, two straight senior men are getting married because, by doing that, one won't have to pay an inheritance tax on a house when the other dies.
- Nationally, permits for single-family housing units hit an all-time high in November.
- Mark Wahlberg says he hopes to get down to 6% body fat for his next movie.
- ISIS has put out a video, claiming that it has hacked the U.S. Army and State Department and is sending assassins to employees' homes.
- Berkshire-Hathaway stock has hit $300,000 a share. Yes, you should have.
- Robin Wright is going to star in the final season of "House of Cards."
- NBC is working on reviving "The Office." Do you want it back?
- Sarah Palin's son, Track, was arrested over the weekend after coming over and beating up his father. He was charged with felony first-degree burglary and misdemeanor fourth-degree assault.
- The new leader of Austria is Sebastian Kurz and he's 31 years old.
Wednesday, December 20, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
(1985) In his Saturday radio address, President Reagan accuses Congress of thwarting his administration's efforts to run the government ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...