I MUST BE REALLY SMART
- Having multiple hobbies allows your brain to subconsciously compare and contrast problems and solutions, forming new connections at the margins of each.
- Similarly, reading multiple books at the same time vs serially lets your brain juxtapose new ideas and develop new connections.
- Wandering minds are more creative.
- Studying a field "too much" doesn't limit creativity -- it does the opposite. More ideas banging about just produces even more ideas.
- The "accept everything" mantra of brainstorming doesn't work. Debate is far more effective. Let those ideas fight.
- ADD and bipolar disorder are both associated with greater creativity. When you're drunk or exhausted your brain is poised for breakthroughs.
- Even with teams, it's better to mix up experience levels, familiarity with one another and other factors to keep things rough around the edges.