- Mastercard Inc said shoppers spent over $800 billion during the season, more than ever before, boosted by growing consumer confidence, rising employment and early discounts.
- Over Christmas, Erie, Pennsylvania, received. 60.4 inches of snow over two days, a new state record.
- Rihanna lost her 21-year-old cousin to gun violence over the holiday break.
- Amazon pulled a DIY circumcision training kit.
- OK, not a spoiler... but there is 10-seconds of silence that comes up in the new Star Wars movie. Just wanted you to know, it's intentional. Some people were complaining to theater owners that their equipment malfunctioned. The director put it in there for creative effect.
- A report says the number of adults with roommates is the highest in decades.
- Vin Diesel was the top grossing actor of 2017, finishing ahead of Duane "The Rock" Johnson and Gal Gadot.
- The former host of "India's Most Wanted" TV show has been convicted of murdering his wife.
- The average Major League Baseball players' salary last year was over $4 million.
- A couple in Riverside, California, has been accused of using a drone to deliver drugs.
- Baltimore's 317 murders in 2017 was the highest-ever per capita.
- Bono says that music, in general, has gotten "very girly."
- France is banning all Smartphones from elementary schools beginning in September.
- Rose Marie, a big part of the Dick Van Dyke TV show in the early 60s, died last week. She was 94.
- Disney's resorts are doing away with "Do Not Disturb" signs in hotels for security reasons.
- Delta ranks highest in a survey of airline food.
- Lindsay Lohan is apparently $100,000 behind on her tax payments.
- In California, Jack in the Box is offering "The Merry Munchie Meal" for the stoner crowd. The cost? $4.20.
- Yesterday morning, the average temperature across the contiguous 48 states was a frigid 11-degrees.
- If you like a good rumor, how about this one: Amazon buying Target.
Tuesday, January 2, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
If you have blue eyes, you may want to be wary of beer, wine and cocktails. Genetic researchers at the University of Vermont say that people...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...