- 72-year-old Eric Clapton says he's suffering from tinnitus, a ringing in the ear that's commonly caused by noise-induced hearing loss.
- Five women have now come forward with accusations about James Franco and inappropriate or sexually exploitative behavior.
- Ricky Martin announced that he and Jwan Yosef are now married.
- Willie Nelson turns 85 in April. He's had to cancel four concert dates due to a battle with the flu, but his people say he'll be back.
- ABC is going to do a pilot for possible series based on the life of the late Tejano star, Selena.
- The Oakland Raiders may get fined for hiring Jon Gruden without interviewing any minority candidates first. They brought in two people to comply with the league rule but after the deal was already in place.
- Last night was the Critics Choice Awards, just in case you're trying to keep track of all the awards shows.
- Diet Coke is coming out with four new flavors: Ginger Lime, Feisty Cherry, Zesty Blood Orange and Twisted Mango.
- The big one, the Detroit Auto Show, is next week.
- X-Files star Gillian Anderson now has her own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Brett Favre says he's hoping his grandchildren will play a "safer" sport than football.
- It's been two years since David Bowie's death. His daughter Lexi now sports a crescent moon tattoo with the word "Daddy" and the years 1947-2016.
- South Korea has become the 8th country to ban Bitcoin.
- In Santa Clarita, California, a woman actually dragged her Christmas tree and returned it "because it was dead." She did get a refund.
- There's a website called Fact Base that did an analysis of the first 30,000 words spoken in office by every U.S. president since Herbert Hoover. So they loaded all the speeches into a computer, and what their software found is that President Trump speaks at a fourth-grade level, lower than any president they've ever measured.
- Britain's Princess Charlotte started nursery school this week.
- For the record, Oprah was already a president. Back in high school... .of Drama Club and the National Forensics League.
- Harvey Weinstein and his estranged wife Georgina Chapman have reached a divorce settlement.
- Walmart announced yesterday that they're raising their minimum wage up to $11 an hour and giving employees up to $1,000 bonuses because of the new tax rates. Then, they announced they're closing 63 Sam's Club stores across the country.
- The last surviving member of Motorhead, Fast Eddie Clarke, has died after battling pneumonia. He was 67.
Friday, January 12, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...