- Minnie Mouse finally has her own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, four decades after Mickey got his.
- An 8.2 earthquake in Alaska left the entire west coast of the U.S. and Hawaii under a brief Tsunami threat yesterday.
- The Oscar nominations came out yesterday. "The Shape of Water" picked up 13 nominations, "Dunkirk" got 8 and "Three Billboards..." received 7.
- The Razzie nominations were also announced yesterday. The candidates for Worst Picture include: "Baywatch," "The Emoji Movie," "Fifty Shades Darker," "The Mummy" and "Transformers: The Last Knight."
- Tickets for this year's Super Bowl will be the most expensive ever. Just under $5,000 for nose bleed seats. $66,000 for mid-field but that does include your food and beverages.
- Neil Diamond has announced on his website that he has been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease and announced his immediate retirement.
- They say the whole Kevin Spacey ordeal has cost Netflix $39 million.
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl jersey is on lockdown after the theft problems in recent years.
- 12 percent of depression cases could potentially be prevented if people got in at least one hour of exercise per week reported in The American Journal of Psychiatry.
- NBC, CBS and FOX are all bidding for next year's Thursday Night Football games.
- Kimberly-Clark, maker of Kleenex and Huggies, is going to cut up to 5,500 jobs and close or sell 10 manufacturing plants. But over at Chase, they're giving all their employees raises and planning to add 4,000 jobs.
- A woman identified by a scholar as the inspiration for Rosie the Riveter, the iconic female World War II factory worker, has died in Washington state. Naomi Parker Fraley died last Saturday in Longview. She was 96.
- Christina Aguilera says yes, it's been five years, but she has a new album coming out soon.
- In New York, Bruce Willis has put his 6,000-square-foot Upper West Side condo on the market. Yours for just $18 million.
- A New York City taxi driver was arrested after officials say they found approximately $800,000 in crystal meth in his vehicle.
- Apple says they're releasing their HomePod on Friday, February 9. It's basically an Apple-priced Alexa, with Siri at the helm. Cost: $349 because you'll pay it.
- As for the Chinese Calendar, the Year of the Dog begins February 16th on our calendar.
- The James Franco sex scandal is intensifying, as three of his accusers are starting to spill the details.
- Apparently, there was a delay in correcting that Hawaii Missile Attack goof because the governor couldn't remember his Twitter password.
- The NFL has rejected a Super Bowl commercial from a veterans group, that basically asked the players to "Please stand."
Wednesday, January 24, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Plan for overnight closure of southbound Interstate 17 ramp to westbound Interstate 10 at the 'Stack' interchange
One of the freeway-to-freeway ramps at the Interstate 17/Interstate 10 "Stack" interchange in Phoenix will be closed overnight for...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...