- Hong Kong police had to diffuse a bomb from World War II that was found, unexploded that a construction crew dug up.
- Tomorrow is a Super Blue Red Moon. Super, because it will appear larger than normal. Blue moon because it's the second full moon in the same month. Red, thanks to a lunar eclipse that takes place. Check your local listings as to time.
- Down in San Diego, Vila, the world's second oldest gorilla, has died just three months after celebrating her 60th birthday.
- Lorde, the only female Album of Year nominee, was invited to be part of a salute to Tom Petty at the Grammy's. But because the other album nominees got a solo appearance and she didn't', she opted to just stay in the audience with her flask.
- New Orleans did a clean out of their sewer drains in the downtown area and cleaned out 46 tons of beads from the drains.
- We now know that Chrissy Teigen and John Legend are having a baby boy.
- The Katie Holmes/Jamie Foxx thing is still going strong.
- Now we hear that some donut shops are making donuts that look like Tide Pods. You're not helping.
- Tom Cruise says the name of his new "Mission Impossible" movie will be "Fallout."
- Amazon's Alexa is picking the Eagles to win the Super Bowl, while Apple's Siri is going with the Patriots.
- Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton paid $6,000 for a ticket to his home state's Super Bowl.
- A study says Oklahoma is the most polite state for business.
- There's a new Harry Potter-themed cruise, and tickets start at $4,000 a person.
- One of the four victims of the Pennsylvania car wash killings had posted last week on Facebook that "After this week, I rlly (sic) need to get taken out... on a date or by a sniper either one is fine w me at this point." A Facebook friend and the alleged shooter Tim Smith responded, "I could both."
- Ronda Rousey has ditched UFC for WWE.
- The Amazon Spheres opened up today after five years of preparation. These are giant spheres filled with plants and waterfalls, designed to give employees a creative space in the city.
Monday, January 29, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Plan for overnight closure of southbound Interstate 17 ramp to westbound Interstate 10 at the 'Stack' interchange
One of the freeway-to-freeway ramps at the Interstate 17/Interstate 10 "Stack" interchange in Phoenix will be closed overnight for...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...