- Hong Kong police had to diffuse a bomb from World War II that was found, unexploded that a construction crew dug up.
- Tomorrow is a Super Blue Red Moon. Super, because it will appear larger than normal. Blue moon because it's the second full moon in the same month. Red, thanks to a lunar eclipse that takes place. Check your local listings as to time.
- Down in San Diego, Vila, the world's second oldest gorilla, has died just three months after celebrating her 60th birthday.
- Lorde, the only female Album of Year nominee, was invited to be part of a salute to Tom Petty at the Grammy's. But because the other album nominees got a solo appearance and she didn't', she opted to just stay in the audience with her flask.
- New Orleans did a clean out of their sewer drains in the downtown area and cleaned out 46 tons of beads from the drains.
- We now know that Chrissy Teigen and John Legend are having a baby boy.
- The Katie Holmes/Jamie Foxx thing is still going strong.
- Now we hear that some donut shops are making donuts that look like Tide Pods. You're not helping.
- Tom Cruise says the name of his new "Mission Impossible" movie will be "Fallout."
- Amazon's Alexa is picking the Eagles to win the Super Bowl, while Apple's Siri is going with the Patriots.
- Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton paid $6,000 for a ticket to his home state's Super Bowl.
- A study says Oklahoma is the most polite state for business.
- There's a new Harry Potter-themed cruise, and tickets start at $4,000 a person.
- One of the four victims of the Pennsylvania car wash killings had posted last week on Facebook that "After this week, I rlly (sic) need to get taken out... on a date or by a sniper either one is fine w me at this point." A Facebook friend and the alleged shooter Tim Smith responded, "I could both."
- Ronda Rousey has ditched UFC for WWE.
- The Amazon Spheres opened up today after five years of preparation. These are giant spheres filled with plants and waterfalls, designed to give employees a creative space in the city.
Monday, January 29, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...