- Jimmy Garoppolo signed a deal with the San Francisco 49ers to stick around as their quarterback. $137.5 million over five years. That's almost twice as much as Tom Brady and the highest QB salary in the NFL.
- John Gavin, who appeared in Alfred Hitchcock's "Psycho" and the epic "Spartacus," later serving as president of the Screen Actors Guild in the early '70s and as U.S. ambassador to Mexico under Ronald Reagan, died Friday morning. He was 86.
- Weight Watchers is offering free memberships to teens.
- Best Buy will stop selling CD's July 1.
- Rose McGowan's former manager, Jill Messick, has committed suicide after Harvey Weinstein released her email. She was 50.
- Aaron Paul from "Breaking Bad" and his wife Lauren welcomed a baby girl into the world last week.
- Amazon is gearing up to start their own delivery service, to be a direct competitor with UPS and FedEx.
- Reg E. Cathey, who starred in the seminal TV series "The Wire" and who won an Emmy portraying BBQ joint owner Freddy Hayes in "House of Cards," has died at age 59.
- A college student claims that Spirit Airlines made her flush her pet hamster down an airline toilet when they discovered she brought it on her flight.
- Craig MacGregor, bass player for Foghat, lost his battle with lung cancer. He was 68.
- Figure skater Adam Rippon did decline a meeting with Vice-President Mike Pence. Now he wants to focus on the Olympics. But said he would be glad to meet with the VP after the game.
- Airlines had to cancel over 1200 flights due to that big snowstorm that hit the central U.S. on Friday.
- Denmark's Prince Frederik rushed home from the Olympics as his dad, Prince Henrik's condition worsened.
Monday, February 12, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
People Hating the New Snapchat Snapchat released a new update last week which it totally changed the look of the popular messaging app - a...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...