- It was easy to see from his ships, as all the seniors driving wagons had left their blinkers on.
- He never did find it, but he did make some interesting discoveries in the small town of Botox, Florida.
- Even though he didn't find it, he was willing to settle for catching the last couple of games of March Madness.
In 1794, George Washington created the U.S. Navy, having absolutely no idea what eventually the Village People had in mind.
On this date in 1855, Abraham Gesner received a patent for kerosene. Which really ticked off his Irish neighbor, Kerr O'Sene. Yes, finally people had something to burn in their kerosene lamps.
In 1860, M.L. Byrn of New York received a patent for his invention: the corkscrew. And why isn't this a national holiday?
On this date in 1866, Andrew Rankin received a patent for the urinal.
- Someone made him a cake. That gave him another idea.
- Proving you can have your cake and pee on it, too.
- In honor of the occasion today, we're offering all of our in-studio guests some urinal cake.
On this date in 1884, the very first long-distance phone call was made between Boston and New York. It was a brief conversation: one person said, "Is this Boston?" and the other voice said, "Yankees suck!" and hung up.
In 1912, a whole bunch of Japanese Cherry Trees were planted in Washington, DC. They wanted to make sure that George "Crazy man with an ax" Washington was long gone.
Fergie, of the Black Eyed Peas, turns 43's, if you please. If you're looking for something to get her, how about a last name? At this point, do you bother adding a last name or just ride out the rest of your life with one?
Mariah Carey celebrates birthday number 48. Do you ever wonder, "What the heck was Nick Cannon thinking?" What do you get for a Diva that has everything?
Dave Koz's birthday is today. He's 55. Why did we bring it up? Koz.
Quentin Tarantino celebrates his 55th birthday today. He'll probably celebrate by having a clown shoot his way out of cake with a massive shooting in slow motion.