- The science of kissing, yup, it is a bona fide science, is called philematology.
- The movie with the most kisses is Don Juan (1926) in which John Barrymore and Mary Astor locked lips 127 times.
- Passionate kissing burns 6.4 calories a minute or a whopping 384 calories an hour.
- Kissing is great for dental health. The anticipation of a smooch increases the flow of saliva, giving the teeth a plaque blasting bath.
- Under the Hays Code (1930-1968) actor kissing in American movies had to be sitting or standing, not lying down.
- And finally, when people kiss, they exchange between 10 million and 1 billion bacteria yet most of us live through it.
Thursday, March 15, 2018
THE SCIENCE OF KISSING
If that first kiss is a miss, two thirds of women will end a budding relationship. That is just one of the facts about kissing from author Sheril Kirschenbaum in her book "The Science Of Kissing." Here are some facts from her book:
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...