- British theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking died yesterday at the age of 76. Appropriately, on Pi Day.
- Wal-Mart continues take on Amazon and will now start offering home delivery of groceries.
- The World Happiness Report ranked 156 countries by happiness levels, based on factors such as life expectancy, social support and corruption. The number one happiest place in the world: Finland. Sorry, Disneyland. The United States fell from 14th to 18th place in this year's rankings.
- A judge has ruled that Richard Simmons must pay a tabloid $128,000 because saying that he was transgender is not considered defamatory.
- After two years of dating, Zayn Malik and Gigi Hadid have called it quits.
- Tori Spelling and Jenny Garth will star in a new dramedy in which they will play exaggerated versions of themselves.
- TV-viewing research finds that live TV viewing among all video consumption has continued to decline overall among U.S. broadband households -- nearly 60% of video viewed on the TV is now on-demand,
- Dennis Rodman is on three years' probation for a DUI.
- New Mexico has a new license plate that features two chili peppers and the slogan, "Chili capital of the World."
- Joar Ulsom of Norway won this year's Iditarod Sled Dog Race.
- The U.K. is expelling 23 Russian diplomats over poisoning of former spy, the single biggest expulsion for more than 30 years. They've been given one week to get out.
- Marvel has announced that there will be a Black Panther sequel. Duh.
- A nightclub in Miami has lost its business license after a woman brought a horse onto the dance floor.
- The owner of a Greek soccer team last weekend stormed onto the field during a match waving a handgun.
Thursday, March 15, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...