- This Sunday at 8, FOX is going to show a special, called "O.J. Simpson: A Confession?" It's the interview from a year ago where he talks hypothetically about how those murders were committed.
- Texas state health officials are warning athletes from 39 states and nine countries that they may have been exposed to mumps at a cheerleading competition last month in Dallas.
- Former LSU running back Derrius Guice said that one NFL team asked about his sexuality and another inquired if his mother was a prostitute at the NFL Scouting Combine.
- Several McDonald's locations flipped their golden arches upside down yesterday in support of International Women's Day.
- A researcher says that he's "99% sure" that bones found on a South Pacific island are those of the famed lost explorer, Amelia Earhart.
- Three new flavors of M&M's are coming out: Crunchy Espresso, Crunchy Raspberry and Crunchy Mint. But only one will stay. Candy eaters will be asked to vote for their favorite.
- In an effort to curb extremist violence in Sri Lanka, government officials have ordered some social networks to shut down.
- Pope Paul VI, who oversaw sweeping reforms of the Catholic Church in the 1960s, will be made a saint.
- British teen Brandon Marshall has the distinction of being the tallest teen in the world. At just 17-years-old, he stands 7-foot, 4-inches. Doctors say he's still growing.
- Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber say they're taking a break.
- Tommy Lee not only says he's going to press charges against his son, but he's also going to ask for a restraining order.
- The oldest known message in a bottle has been found on a Washington State beach dating back 132 years.
- Gary Cohn was the 49th person to leave the Trump White House, for those of you keeping score.
- The annual South by Southwest kicks off today in Austin.
- In Connecticut, a man accused of car theft might have stood a better chance of beating that charge if he hadn't driven to court in the car he was accused of stealing.
- Probably the next to go as a result of the #metoo movement: car show girls. The models that stand next to the cars at the auto shows. Their time is limited.
- Meghan Markle has reportedly been baptized by the Church of England.
- Two years ago, Abercrombie and Fitch closed 54 stores. This year, they'll continue trimming the number of stores by another 60.
- Chrissy Teigen is mourning the loss of her dog, Puddy. Just shy of 10 years.
- Florida is said to be giving serious thought to dropping Daylight Saving Time. (and, for the record it is singular-saving, not savings)
Friday, March 9, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Plan for overnight closure of southbound Interstate 17 ramp to westbound Interstate 10 at the 'Stack' interchange
One of the freeway-to-freeway ramps at the Interstate 17/Interstate 10 "Stack" interchange in Phoenix will be closed overnight for...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...