- This Sunday at 8, FOX is going to show a special, called "O.J. Simpson: A Confession?" It's the interview from a year ago where he talks hypothetically about how those murders were committed.
- Texas state health officials are warning athletes from 39 states and nine countries that they may have been exposed to mumps at a cheerleading competition last month in Dallas.
- Former LSU running back Derrius Guice said that one NFL team asked about his sexuality and another inquired if his mother was a prostitute at the NFL Scouting Combine.
- Several McDonald's locations flipped their golden arches upside down yesterday in support of International Women's Day.
- A researcher says that he's "99% sure" that bones found on a South Pacific island are those of the famed lost explorer, Amelia Earhart.
- Three new flavors of M&M's are coming out: Crunchy Espresso, Crunchy Raspberry and Crunchy Mint. But only one will stay. Candy eaters will be asked to vote for their favorite.
- In an effort to curb extremist violence in Sri Lanka, government officials have ordered some social networks to shut down.
- Pope Paul VI, who oversaw sweeping reforms of the Catholic Church in the 1960s, will be made a saint.
- British teen Brandon Marshall has the distinction of being the tallest teen in the world. At just 17-years-old, he stands 7-foot, 4-inches. Doctors say he's still growing.
- Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber say they're taking a break.
- Tommy Lee not only says he's going to press charges against his son, but he's also going to ask for a restraining order.
- The oldest known message in a bottle has been found on a Washington State beach dating back 132 years.
- Gary Cohn was the 49th person to leave the Trump White House, for those of you keeping score.
- The annual South by Southwest kicks off today in Austin.
- In Connecticut, a man accused of car theft might have stood a better chance of beating that charge if he hadn't driven to court in the car he was accused of stealing.
- Probably the next to go as a result of the #metoo movement: car show girls. The models that stand next to the cars at the auto shows. Their time is limited.
- Meghan Markle has reportedly been baptized by the Church of England.
- Two years ago, Abercrombie and Fitch closed 54 stores. This year, they'll continue trimming the number of stores by another 60.
- Chrissy Teigen is mourning the loss of her dog, Puddy. Just shy of 10 years.
- Florida is said to be giving serious thought to dropping Daylight Saving Time. (and, for the record it is singular-saving, not savings)
Friday, March 9, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Modern Family Twist: Who's Pregnant? First a death, now a new life. Modern Family is clearly doing it all this season, as just a couple ...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...