- 19 years old is the average guy's age when he first muscles his way into a gym.
- 16 workouts is the number he logs each month.
- 30,000 is the approximate number of gyms in the United States.
- 46% of sweatshop regulars are men.
- $480 is the amount the average gym member pays to work out each year.
- $722 is the amount he pays each year for personal training, exercise apparel, and workout products.
- 2 months is what it takes the average guy to cancel his gym membership once he stops going.
- 33% of men don't wipe down gym equipment after using it. Dumbbells and stationary bike seats are the equipment with the most germs. The gym rat's top annoyance is equipment hogs.
- 64% of men have received unsolicited workout advice.
- 52% of exercisers who hit the showers barefoot.
- 24% of men have contracted athlete's foot at the gym.
- 50% of weekend bodybuilders check their form in the mirror while lifting.
- 10% of men think they've seen steroids sold in the locker room.
- 49% of men are brave enough to admit they've taken a yoga class.
- 240% increase in sexual stamina after 8 weeks of hour a day yoga.
- 50% of men say the gym is a better place to meet women than a bar.
- 1% will meet their next girlfriend while watching her form.
- 46% of male fitness freaks would rather skip sex than their workout.
- 25% of men have had something stole from their unattended gym bag. Cash is the item most often swiped.
Thursday, March 15, 2018
WORK IT WORK IT GOOD
Men's Health gives us The Average Guy sweating by numbers:
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...