- He thought they were quite roomy and economical with a fairly smooth ride.
- He wrote, "While it hasn't been invented yet, some day, it will be a nice car with great gas mileage and a decent warranty."
- While the planet didn't look very familiar, it did have a nice ring to it.
In 1564 that a group of colonists landed at what became the first settlement in the new world called "Jamestown." What an amazing sight. To get off a ship and see a place without buildings, without roads, without taxes.
On this date in 1607, an expedition of English colonists, including Captain John Smith, went ashore at Cape Henry, Virginia, to establish the first permanent English settlement in the New World. A local chief supposedly remarked, "Well, there goes the neighborhood!'
John Audubon was born on this date back in 1785. Each of us become famous for one thing or other during our time on this earth and in John's case, life gave him the bird.
On this date in 1880, scuba gear was demonstrated for the very first time.
- The guy doing the demonstration was a former boxer who was used to taking a dive.
- Years later, once they felt it was safe, it was demonstrated in the water.
- Although, there was a rude guy in the back of the room who kept snorkeling.
In 1961, Roger Maris hit the first of his record 61 homeruns in a single season at Tiger Stadium in Detroit. And the asterisk was born!
It was on this date in 1981 that the indoor distance record for throwing a Frisbee was set at 316 feet.
- It would have gone even further if that dog hadn't come out of nowhere and grabbed it.
- It would have probably gone further but it got close to the ground and the guy's dog grabbed it out of the air.
- It was also the first time anyone ever heard a dog speak English, when it said, "Get it yourself!"
On this date in 1993, comedy writer Conan O'Brien was named to succeed David Letterman as host of NBC's "Late Night" program. So he was a temporary replacement for both Letterman and Leno.
The After-Christmas Sales start 8 months from today.
Jessica Lynch, famous for being the rescued P.O.W. from the Iraq War, turns 35 today. Candles, yes... fireworks, no.
Channing Tatum is 38, like that would stop you.
First Lady Melania Trump turns 48 today. It think it's very likely, when she blows out the candle, that she won't get her wish.
Tionne Watkins turns 48 today. She was in the group TLC and known as T-Boz, not to be confused with THE Boz. The only thing they have in common is that they both don't play football.
Kevin James is 53 But enough about his waist-size. It's also his birthday! Hopefully, the mall will remember and throw him a party in the food court.
Jet Li turns 55 today. Don't remind him because if it provokes a fight, you're doomed. Most people blow out their candles.
Carol Burnett turns 85 today. She plans a quiet evening at home until she blows out her candles with a Tarzan yell. You're tugging my ear! Nope!